JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH DECLARED MOST POWERFUL ACTOR ON THE PLANET!

TopDawg14

Newsweek Magazine, in its 4/9/07 issue, has declared Will Smith the most powerful actor in Hollywood today. His worldwide box office total is more than $4 billion. That total is more than Adam Sandler & Will Ferrell's total... combined.

You can read the full article here at MSNBC.com

Congratulations!!!!

Even more amazing is that a Hip-Hop artist who has never turned their back on Hip-Hop can acheive that status. 2 me, it's the perfect example of what a talented, hardworking, postive-thinking person can achieve.

• Admin

It's a remarkable display of following your dreams..and working hard to realize them. It's taken 20 years for Will to get to this point..and he's made a lot of correct decisions in the process,.

The thing that i think is funny is that he calls his movie career his "chick on the side" and he's had so much success with it. But after seeing this post, it made me think. All these years, even now, i don't think about him as a movie star. I still think of him as just an emcee. The only time i think about him being a movie star is the week b4 he drops a movie and i'm patiently waiting for it 2 come out. Then, after the high of seeing the new movie, i kinda forget about the movie star thing again cuz i'm listening 2 his music in the car on the way home.

That's amazing! I read the news this morning in the papers when i was listening to Willenium(some posts on the board made me wanna listening to it :3-laugh3: ) Congrats to Will :thumbsup:

I was watching MTV late night yesterday before I went to sleep, mtv news came on and they were talking about

this news, will smith most powerful actor, but right before he ended that particular news he made an arrogant comment something like:

''too bad a good gross doesn't stand for a good movie'' along those lines. I immediately turned the channel. They'd be sucking up to will

if he was doing an interview for them. Too much hate and sarcasm in this world.

But I'm glad will is being succesfull, the positive impact he has on the young kids is priceless. At an early age

you need a role model, and thank god I picked will as my role model back in the days. He is a fine example of a role model

that can keep the kids on the right track, wether it's with his music (back in the days as FP with JJ, the music was so positive unlike

other rap songs, it didn't contain hate or aggressiveness) or his movies but in everything he created he created it from his own character.

What you see is what you get. He always kept it real.His positive impact on me (and probably many other fans) is something I can never pay off, he is the only musician, actor, whatever, where I bought his stuff, cd's, dvd's whatever, with a huge smile on my face. Even then you feel a bit of guilty, because no matter what you buy, how much you spend on will's stuff, it will never be enough.

Because will smith gives more then he gets. Fans buy his cd, dvd, in return they get a product, but it seems to me whenever I buy something from will I don't consider that a product, more like a piece of myself. His cd's, dvd's are so personal to me.

I'm just glad will smith exists and I hope he keeps this up, he deserves every accolade he gets.