JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Eurovision song contest smack talk

Jazzy Julie

ok so the eurovision is a few months off but the uk has just chosen thier entry, we could have chosen the good rap song, but instead we have this hilariously, cheesy, camp song. Its brilliant, i think we just got sick of losing so badly we entered this **** for a laugh. Watch out for camp lines such as "would u like to have something to suck on for landing sir". (btw i dont take eurovision seriously, its just funny).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kNoAddyUMQ

Scooch will either do stupidly well, or as normal with us fall flat on its face. I just think what they are doing is too dated now. But saying that Euro-pop is a constant high, so who knows.

Oh we see the Eurovision as a lugh, whereas the Balkan states (Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine etc) see it as a chance to show that they are part of Europe, and thus vote for each other.

Having said that, we had a "rapper" last year who flopped, and this entry is cheesy enough to win :lol:

• 1 month later...

East European song contest :thumbdown:

The Eurovison has lost what it once was, a song contest. Last night 10 countries were sent through to the finals all from east and central Europe. Songs from Cyprus, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Andorra, Belgium and Austria all were quoted as being good songs for Eurovision, with even a winning possibility. Didn't make it through. How come none of them ended up in the final? Is it a coincidence? My answert is no! But I might be wrong, I sure hope so. The last 5 years it has been like this. Could this be the end of the Eurovision?

Some quotes after the Semi finals:

Head of press for the Norwegian delegation told esctoday.com after the result: "Obviously we are very disappointed. Everything went so well for us until the voting. This shows that we need to reconsider the system with the semi finals, this result certainly sends us warning signals to the Western countries".

Head of the United Kingdom delegation, Dominic Smith told esctoday.com that "From the United Kingdom's perspective, it makes you doubt what our motivation would be to enter the semi final, there absolutely no motivation with this result. I was sorry to see Denmark not there, Switzerland was good, Netherlands was good".

A senior director of NOS, the Dutch broadcaster has informed esctoday.com that "I heard there was a lot of anger in the hall. I think the EBU has to find out what to do about this problem. It would be smart to have a discussion within the EBU and with the Western Countries because if this goes on for three or four more years, countries will be withdrawing. Asked on whether the Dutch were already considering withdrawal, we were told "no, not at the moment".

The first singer to give a reaction on this subject to esctoday.com is Edsilia Rombley, one of the fans' favourites here in Helsinki. The representative of The Netherlands was asked about the voting, Edisila felt that it was definitely an issue, although it hadn't occurred to her immediately. Asked if she would try again to win the Eurovision Song Contest, she said "No! No way, not until they find a proper way to judge and reduce the televoting in the competition".

Edited by Jonasdk

Its really annoying when they vote for thier neighbours, its bad on us coz no1 likes us lol, after Tony sent us to war we've done so badly.

i was talking about this in work today but does anyone know why some countries automatically go thru but some have to qualify?

i dont know what's happen there , i only have watch later the Bulgaria perform :) ( i like the energe) but maybe they voted like that cuz a lot of the East European music they make it's similar not cuz there is some big conspire :D , it's Eurovision song contest not ''Cyprus, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Andorra, Belgium and Austria'' ,like it or not this is it ...i dont give so much s*** which place the countries will take , i dont care how the ppl will vote that's just their choice ,right so just enjoy what the artists will make if u want

and that was fun ''Could this be the end of the Eurovision?'' haha anyway i am not gonna watch it again cuz i am going to see what Redman gonna do :)

peace :)

aw man, we got second to last. All the west, France, Ireland, Germany and Spain did badly and all the east european block voted for each other. Why dont we just open up a phoneline so they can all vote for thier favourite country and do a separate vote for the actual song.

What was with the song that won, that sucked.