JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Season 5 of Fresh Prince on DVD released May 11th, 2010

yes, there are, but I think that the sells have been better if they have released it sooner.

There are too many TV show today to let old stuff like this interested young people. Some still works, but it's not easy.

But the fact is, they started, now they have to finish !

Edited by Romano338

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks, but I'm not surprised by this. It happens all the time with DVD series releases. Hell, the reason Wonder Years hasn't hit DVD at all is because all of the licensed music in the show.

And I'm not surprised by bad sales at all. I've got seasons 1-4 but I don't think I've even opened any after season 1. Why is that? Because I can probably turn on the TV right now and find an episode of Fresh Prince on somewhere. The show was sold off to so many networks and cable channels that it gave people little incentive to need to get the show for themselves.

• Admin

Not only is the show repeated on TV everyday but WB offered no incentive for the fans to buy it. Seinfeld is repeated just as much but they offered a really good dvd collection with cast commentaries and special features, deleted scenes, interviews with the creators and it sold really well. It could have done well if Warner Bros had treated it with the respect it deserved.

• 1 month later...

I asked TVshowsondvd .com's facebook page last night if we'll ever see Fresh Prince seasons 5 and 6 ever and got this respond from them.

TVSHOWSONDVD.COM Facebook page.

''Sorry Antione. this is one that i actually plan to put on our ''what's the hold up? faq at some point in the near future. Like American Dreams and Crossing Jordan and WKRP (all ready mentioned there). the hold up is music cost vs sales of already released sets. The most recent Fresh Prince seasons didn't sell well enough to cover the cost of licensing music for the next releases. We know the studio would prefer to finish it off (it's WILL SMITH, after all). they haven't figured out a way to make the numbers work yet,''

Edited by ant1

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

I asked TVshowsondvd .com's facebook page last night if we'll ever see Fresh Prince seasons 5 and 6 ever and got this respond from them.

TVSHOWSONDVD.COM Facebook page.

''Sorry Antione. this is one that i actually plan to put on our ''what's the hold up? faq at some point in the near future. Like American Dreams and Crossing Jordan and WKRP (all ready mentioned there). the hold up is music cost vs sales of already released sets. The most recent Fresh Prince seasons didn't sell well enough to cover the cost of licensing music for the next releases. We know the studio would prefer to finish it off (it's WILL SMITH, after all). they haven't figured out a way to make the numbers work yet,''

Ughh the way to make the numbers work is to do a proper release of the show.. Its on TV every day so whats the incentive for people to buy it? Well they would buy it if it was loaded with special features, cast interviews, commentaries, bloopers etc etc.. Then it would sell! then they could license the music.. God Warner Bros is so dumb

• 1 month later...
  • Hero1 unpinned this topic