JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA All-Star Weekend

Typhoon20

The rookies vs. Sophs game was yesterday, if anyone cares the sophs won something like 155 -113.

I'm more interested in tonight, the dunk contest, 3pt and skills challenge.

The dunk contest has an all-star cast when it comes to judges, vince carter, kobe bryant, wilkins, Dr.J and Michael Jordan.

Too bad the participants aren't big, although I expect a lot from green, and of course howard, though he's got an outside shot.

The 3PT contest is up for grabs, though my guess would be kapono.

Skills challenge is pretty cool too, Wade, Kobe, LB23 and CP3, that's one of the best list of participants like ever.

If I had to make a guess, it would be CP3, he's just a mad ballhandler.

Shooting stars challenge, spurs are looking to defend their title, the winner will be chicago bulls.

And of course tomorrow night, all-star game, West is going to destroy the east, and Kobe Bryant is going to be MVP.

What are your thoughts ? Any favourites for the games ?

The Dick Bavetta/Charles Barkley race was quite interesting, I was surprised that Barkley won, but it was fun anyway. Kapono really dominated the three point shootout, he was real impressive. I'm cheering for the East tonight, but I don't really care who wins as long as its a good show.

Thoughts from All-Star Saturday Night:

* Leave it to Ben Gordon to mess up the Shooting Stars Challenge. I hope John Paxson can trade him. It's not that I don't like him I just think that a change of scenery will do both sides some good.

* Josh Howard had the best dunk in an otherwise weak Slam Dunk Contest. He should have gotten a 50 and David Stern should have let him dunk on the 12-foot rim.

* Jason Capono? Are you kidding me?

* Overall I though the whole night lacked the type of buzz it had in past years.

In tonite's game, I expect the West All-Stars to easily dominate this game.

Thoughts from All-Star Saturday Night:

* Josh Howard had the best dunk in an otherwise weak Slam Dunk Contest. He should have gotten a 50 and David Stern should have let him dunk on the 12-foot rim.

You meant Dwight Howard ? D12.

Yeah he definately got robbed on that dunk.

The best 2 moments were the race between round mound of rebound and the ageless one hehe, Sir charles and Dick.

I also loved the breakdancing from shaq, lebron and D12 at the east AS practice game. I got both on video if anyone's interested.

Edited by Typhoon20

They got a lotta cool stuff on NBA.com from the all star weekend, definately one of the more exciting ones in a while:

http://www.nba.com/allstar2007/index.html