JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hometown Heroes

KevTastic

Just curious as to whether or not we come from places where succesful people have come from, and even more so if you personally know them.

Can't say i know any celebs, but a semi-friend of mine is a kick as Scratch DJ from my hometwon. He won the DMC champs back in 2002.

Check out this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s94in-7vfxs

Chris Eagles Dad and My Dad used to be drinking buddies, I never knew him personally because he was a couple years older than me, but my dad said his dad was a good bloke...havent seen him since his son got that deal though haha

well, growing up I lived in a neighborhood right outside of Stapleton, Staten Island. And a few of my friends lived in Stapleton, so I used to and still hang out there. But that is the home of some of the members of the Wu-Tang Clan. Also, at my fathers job, there are quite a few people who now work on Broadway, and my dad worked with, and I had a few conversations with a woman named Arlette, who got a gig at The Cotton Club in Harlem.

I actually have a CD single from Timbuktu from like 2000. I won a Hip-Hop CD on ebay and the seller sent me a few other singles with it for free.

I'm trying 2 think of some of the people who have come outta Maryland. Here's a short list...

Jada, Johnny Gill, Toni Braxton, Tamar Braxton + The Braxtons, Dru Hill, Ginuwine, Delious (from All-4-One), and Kev Brown (i think). There's a handful of others but i they aren't coming 2 mind.

hmm if i talk about liverpool then loads of people, the beatles, Mel C from the spice girls (we're so proud of that one lol), Anne Robinson and loads of footballers.

but technically im just outside liverpool in a place called the wirral, the best person we have is a comedian called Paul O Grady, also from near me is where Daniel Craig the new james bond. my friend knows his mum lol.

Come on now AJ. Maryland is a state, you've got a wide array coming out. :lol:

Who's from Washington? hmm. I have no idea really. Well, maybe George Washington passed thru this area, hence the name. Real celebs, nope. None. We usually do have big time football stars come out of here. One in particular would've been in the NFL but he got into trouble. 2 from my era of high school are finishing college now, so we'll see. Til then, nobody significant, at least that I know of.