JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

hello, is anyone out there?

Jazzy Julie

Why has this site sort of died. i know a few months ago Will wasnt doing anything, but poh has just been out, he did a world tour, hes filming a new movie and its award season. we've had less going on and the site has been more active than this. Did everyone decided to get lives and not tell me?

I've done a lot of hanging out on my campus and I'm really getting serious with playing my bass, and now a girlfriend. So I've been very busy, but I tend to check the boards daily and usually see nothing of interest. We should get some forum gameplay, that tends to bring the board back to life for a little.

• Admin

I think its busy when Will's music is going strong.. a new album a new single.. we dont have as many "strictly movie fans" around here.. See music fans of Will's are a lot more invested.. movie fans they'll check out Will's latest blockbuster but that's about it.

i see what you're saying about the forum being slow, but idk, i think it was pretty active back before the new year...when every single artist on def jam released a record lol...or at least it felt like the busiest quarter in the industry... now no one is coming out with anything to really get hyped on...at least for a little...

yeah i'm busy, senior year in high school so i got a lot of stuff to be stressed out about and a lot to think about. also since will hasnt done anything theres not really any reason to come to the board that often, most of the threads are just your "whats your favorite song" or "which album do you think is slept upon most" type of threads that i've seen plenty of times before, so i dont really feel like im missing out on anything.

I've been more than busy for over a year now. I've been running my photography studio with half the management team i actually need. I've spent the last year becoming an expert at the business. I haven't really gotten 2 do anything for myself. I've needed a new car since July, i've needed 2 start looking for my own place and all of that. Usually when i am hitting up the board, i should be going 2 sleep...ha ha. I'm hoping that over the next few months i can get my life back. I'm actually doing a musical for the 1st time in a year...so cramming in time 2 do things 4 me.

I think the same as Tim on this. The promise of music brings up more to talk about- more to theorize, more to look forward to. Instead we're promised K-Smith is working with 50 Cent and his album will drop soon! It's a shock this place has any bandwidth for all the K-Smith driven traffic the board must be getting!

God Blessa!

I think there's still a lot to talk about in regards to Pursuit of Happyness. I don't think we've had a thread to really talk about it indepth because the release was staggered across countries and we were afraid of spoiling it for people... We still need to do a podcast... There really is quite a bit to talk about. It just seems that everyone, for the time being at least, is pretty busy.

Movies aren't like music in that there just isn't as much to talk about when a movie comes out. With music, you can speculate on the release of singles, music videos, sales, tours, concerts, collaborations, media appearances, and can complain about poor promotion, bad singles, lack of tours, rumors of releases, sub par sales, etc... With a movie, you have the movie, which we really haven't talked about, appearances... really haven't talked about... awards... and sales...

Also, Pursuit of Happyness did so well and came out so smoothly that there was really nothing controversial to talk about, and controversy makes for good, long threads.

Incidentally, I don't think that we have as many diehard movie fans here as we have music fans. I often get the feeling that a lot of people don't really care for Will's movies, so that plays a huge part as well.