JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper

analogue

He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper may be one of my favorite JJFP songs of all time. Jeff's cuts are amazing, Fresh Princes flow and lyrics are on point and i love the way FP just tears up the mic on this one

Great great track

Absolutely! :wickedwisdom:

• 6 months later...

Whenever someone says "oh you just like will because he doesn't curse" I immediately turn to this song to show the flow he's got...

Like last night before going to see Superbad...

My friend Jen said that exact quote so I had her sit and listen before going into the movies...

"Wow, when did he rap like that?"

"Uh, since 1988 and to this day"

• Admin

Whenever someone says "oh you just like will because he doesn't curse" I immediately turn to this song to show the flow he's got...

Like last night before going to see Superbad...

My friend Jen said that exact quote so I had her sit and listen before going into the movies...

"Wow, when did he rap like that?"

"Uh, since 1988 and to this day"

haha awesome.. I used to play people somethin like dis in a similar situation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

Yeah people sleep on this because of simple stuff like PJDU and Girls of the World...but throw on some tracks like the one you mentioned, or BNF, or Numero Uno...and only true haters will tear it up.

With all the "corny" stuff went some serious turntableism and flow. Jazzy was doing stuff that makes the early scratching and mixing from greats like JMJ, Eric B, Cut Creator, etc sound like children playing with their dad's records.

I mean...come on...there were like what 6 instrumental tracks on the first three albums? How many crews were doing that? Jazzy was playing around with samples and just making the records burn. And tweet like a damned bird! What?