JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Things That U Do

Daveydave

I waz lucky...i actually saw it on TV when it waz new (tho' i only saw it aired on MTV twice) in late '91 or early '92. It's a great video. I think it's ignorant that it was left off the Greatest Hits VHS even tho' it wasn't a hit.

I waz lucky...i actually saw it on TV when it waz new (tho' i only saw it aired on MTV twice) in late '91 or early '92. It's a great video. I think it's ignorant that it was left off the Greatest Hits VHS even tho' it wasn't a hit.

You were fortunate. It's one of my favorites. I'm still hoping a DVD will be released with ALL the JJFP video's on it. I can understand leaving off non hit songs on CD's, but Music Videos by an artist are a lot less common.

I don't understand it either. I got my hands on the unreleased TLC: Now + Forever: The Hits DVD and even tho' Hat 2 Da Back, Get It Up, and Damaged aren't on it...even tho' they are on the CD. The also didn't include Dear Lie and Hands Up. Why wouldn't these record labels do their fans right and include it all.

I'm thinkin' JJ+FP will have a proper DVD release at some point that will include everything.

I don't understand it either. I got my hands on the unreleased TLC: Now + Forever: The Hits DVD and even tho' Hat 2 Da Back, Get It Up, and Damaged aren't on it...even tho' they are on the CD. The also didn't include Dear Lie and Hands Up. Why wouldn't these record labels do their fans right and include it all.

I'm thinkin' JJ+FP will have a proper DVD release at some point that will include everything.

A proper DVD with all their videos and some making ofs would be great. It is kinda hard to get your hands on all of these videos in decent qualities.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this one here, but there's a website which makes it possible to download videos from youtube. It's keepvid.com. It's explained how to download a youtube video there. I'm not sure if it's legal, but it's useful. That's the way I got the video... :wiggle:

It wasn't really a hit. The video almost never got played and i never heard it on the radio. I saw a few singles in stores but there waz never a real buzz about the song. He did perform the song "live/lipsynced" at Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year Eve. I think it's safe to say it would be a stretch 2 call it a minor hit. The song is dope tho'...always waz one of my favs off the album. I took me years 2 track down the remix that they used in the video. If u find the single online...get it. The remixes are excellent. Probably the best set or remixes off Homebase.