JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

little help

sonic1988

My friend Washieka said that Will is a Hypocrite because he says that he never curses in a song. But he says "bitch" in you saw my blinker. I say that that's only one song and its not a single. So how can I win this debate?

Tell your friend that Will was only imitating other gangster rappers as a joke, to show how stupid it is to call women, "b******," in songs. The whole song was making fun of hardcore rap. Most people don't realize it though, because they hear the curses and think "Wow, I didn't realize will smith curses in his songs." That was my first reaction too. I couldn't believe that he would make a song like that, but then I realized the truth when I read about it on this site. So just let your friend know that Will was only trying to prove a point, that gangsta rap can be wack at times.

Another thing you can tell him is Will never said that he never has cursed in any of his songs. Will said he doesn't like to curse in his songs, so that everybody of all different ages can listen to his music. Will never claimed that every single song that he has made is w/out any cursing at all.

I hope that those points might help ya out.

Edited by bart5

Just tell him to look at the situation from your point of view for a second, without making a huge ordeal of it. Its really not about "winning" the debate. Yes,.. he has his views, and you have yours, but its about having enough "skill" in helping him understand 2 ur perspective, even if he chooses to believe otherwise. Let him know that ppl change... Somewhere between the tyme of the word "b*tch" in one song, to Will choosing not to curse,... it somehow became less appealing for him to swear, and wasn't apart of how he wanted to represent himself as a rap artist. It is what it is.,... and can't be changed, but that still doesn't make him a hipocrite. We dont know what kind of changes that people go through to mold them into who they eventually become. To be a hipocrite, today... he would be in competition with anyone with a "parential advisory' sticker on his album, but he's not. lol. so... if he wants to argue, just dont entertain it,..and say ok, I see your point, but do you see mine? then it go. lol

Its like,... as we get older, we can reflect back on things we used to do, and wander what ever motivated us to it in the first place. haha.. Dont let it get under ur skin,... if he persists on disagreeing, then agree to disagree.. call it truce and dont waste ur energy on it...

peace,

3cookies

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

Well, FP has cussed in other songs...it waz just edited out (Dance Or Die, Don't Say Nothin,' Tell Me Why). And "U Saw My Blinker" actually waz released as a promotional single (i have the 12" single)...and FP actually performed it on MTV in 1992 (i saw it with my own 2 eyes...i taped it but my parents taped over it).

Bottom line, he did drop a cuss word on that song, but as most people have already said, he was mocking the hardcore and gangsta rap at the time. He raps this rediculously funny song in a hard, monotone voice and drops the least-impacting of the shocking cuss words.

It is what it is.

• 1 month later...