JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BREAKING NEWS: WILL NOMINATED FOR OSCAR

TopDawg14

Your all so negative! i couldnt say who was gonna win bcoz ive only seen Will's film, at least we can say poh was more successful than the other movies.

I don't think people are being negative just realistic. This is a very tough category and probably the toughest category I've seen in years. Forrest Whitaker is the odds on favorite because he's won every Best Actor award so far. I'd go with Peter O'Toole second because he's a 7-time nominee without a win. Leo DiCaprio is the third choice because of his body of work(Titanic, Gangs of N.Y., Aviator, Blood Diamond, The Departed) and then Will is fourth.

There is an outside chance Will could win if the voters buy into the heartwarming story of Chris Garderner. There were some very powerful scenes in that movie and it could sway the voters to vote for the feel-good story.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats Will!!!!

I think he won't win :-( but my brother has a theory , he says he is gonna win because when halle berry and charize theron won the oscar they did a superhero movie(x-men & aeonflux) and he'll play a superhero this year ..... that's a crazy idea but who knows :3-laugh3:

Edited by Sandy

Congrats to Will, it's gonna be a longshot for him to win though like many have stated, really this category is a tossup, basically everyone nominated was deserving

yaaa... i was really excited when I heard the news on the radio. I really hope that Will wins this tyme. At least one thing we will know for sure. It will bring alot of his fans together in a mutual "moment of sentiment". Imma be praying, and hope others join in,...

xoxo,

3cookies

Will Smith Receives 2nd Oscar Nod for Pursuit of Happyness

Posted In: Headlines

Will Smith picked up a Best Actor nomination for his role in the film The Pursuit of Happyness when the list of nominees was announced for this years Academy Awards on Tuesday (January 23). Based on true events, Pursuit tells the story of Chris Gardner, a struggling single father and salesman who defies the odds to pursue a career as a stockbroker. Together with his son, played by Smith’s real son Jaden, Gardner endures homelessness, eviction, and tax seizure before eventually achieving his dream. This latest nod from the Academy marks Smith’s second Best Actor nomination, the first coming in 2001 for his portrayal of boxing legend Muhammad Ali in the film Ali.

source: xxlmag.com

yea, lets stay positive, cuz who knows what tomorrow brings... I tell u one thing tho... i bet Jada had on her lil football helment this tyme. LOL.. that gurl tore that head up last tyme, she was so excited !!!!! lol :3-laugh3:

peace,

3cookies