JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff & Fess

Hero1

More than lyrics i love the beat...i love every single Jeff beat

Thats the only thing I don't really like about the song. The beat is a classic beat, but not Jazzy Jeff's. The beat is from Gang Starr's "Words That I Manifest." I think Jeff should only use his original beats only, because his beats are awesome. Sure, he did change the beat slighty, by adding in a shaker and a few other little things, but the main orginial sample is from Gang Starr. The song is definitely dope though, but I think that Jeff shouldn't use beats like that. Just like the Ntro, on The Magnificent, he took the main orginial sample from ATCQ's "Butter," and reused it. I kinda think its unoriginal, but they are still great songs that I like a lot.

• Admin

Thats the only thing I don't really like about the song. The beat is a classic beat, but not Jazzy Jeff's. The beat is from Gang Starr's "Words That I Manifest." I think Jeff should only use his original beats only, because his beats are awesome. Sure, he did change the beat slighty, by adding in a shaker and a few other little things, but the main orginial sample is from Gang Starr. The song is definitely dope though, but I think that Jeff shouldn't use beats like that. Just like the Ntro, on The Magnificent, he took the main orginial sample from ATCQ's "Butter," and reused it. I kinda think its unoriginal, but they are still great songs that I like a lot.

Jeff just used the same sample..just because someone else used the sample doesn't mean Jeff can't use it..

Jeff just used the same sample..just because someone else used the sample doesn't mean Jeff can't use it..

I know that, but I just think that he should use the original beats that he makes, instead of using the same samples that someone else already used. I know that its alright to use the same sample and all, but I think that its better when you hear a beat that you have never heard before.