JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New KRS-ONE "Nas Tribute"(Produced By Marley Marl)

bigted

Yes! Very weird. No offense 2 Nas, but i can't think of anyone KRS-One needs 2 be making a tribute 2. KRS-One is one of Hip-Hop's finest as well as Hip-Hop's biggest fan. However, as one of Hip-Hop's biggest fans, i'm really impressed with the way Nas has stepped up. And while i've liked some of his post stuff and hated some of his past stuff, he waz never truely a stand out talent until now.

I got an answer

Because Nas is the one at the moment who stood out and said Hip Hop Is Dead, KRS one never did that because at the time he started hip hop was being born, but now Nas has addressed the public KRS respects Nas for doing so, so there for a tribute to Nas, I assume Nas would give his props to KRS one aswell, because any rapper who says they weren't influenced by Big Daddy Kane, KRS one etc shouldnt be in the game as we know it, so KRS is happy that someone finally stepped up and told people how he felt, and at the moment Nas is the type of Artist to get recongintion for that, Will tried doing it with "Lost And Found" but the promotion sucked and only got two singles released.

At this moment in time, Nas is a bigger rap star than Will Smith, I hate to say it ya'll but it's true, If Will comes back with Jazzy that will be dope but I don't see that happening any time soon, What Will got like 4 more movies to make, that will take at least 3 years, by which time Will will be 41 years old. Ofcourse it doesnt matter about age in rap music, because I don't think he looks a age over 25 to be honest.

How soon we forget. Nas was doing a "Unauthorized Biography of KRS-One", like he did with Rakim. He said it would be on his next album, and we haven't seen sight of it. Over the last few years, or even probably the whole time they knew each other in their careers, they've been decently tight in talking to each other when they could. It's called respect. If KRS was anything sneaky and greedy, he'd be capitalizing and adding his name to the "Hip Hop Is Dead" controversy.

Nas gives KRS-ONE props quite frequently if you follow his career closely, many times he shouted out KRS so it's just KRS returning the favor, it's all love

Yes! Very weird. No offense 2 Nas, but i can't think of anyone KRS-One needs 2 be making a tribute 2. KRS-One is one of Hip-Hop's finest as well as Hip-Hop's biggest fan. However, as one of Hip-Hop's biggest fans, i'm really impressed with the way Nas has stepped up. And while i've liked some of his post stuff and hated some of his past stuff, he waz never truely a stand out talent until now.

Nas and KRS-One are neck and neck in terms of top MC's. Nas has always stepped to the plate and from the GATE was a standout...how quickly we forget Illmatic, I am..., then his Stillmatic, then his Street's Disciple-which was full of unbelievable rhymes.

If anything, it's just a right of passage saying "yes, Nas IS up with us: KRS, Rakim, Kane, all them..."

HOLD ON ONE DAMN SECOND!

KRS-ONE and Nas have and never will be neck and neck

KRS-ONE is a God in HipHop. His knowledge and lyricism is that of a supreme endlessness. Nas himself would agree and 99% of true HipHoppas (those associated with the roots from day one) would also agree. Its no disrespect to Nas, but there shouldnt be any neck and neck comparisons with KRS unless its with other Gods such as Mele Mel, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz and others who's impact and contributions goes beyond words.

Theres just no neck and neck comparison with Nas and the others. What he's doing is great right now but it will take another 10 years to look back and see how it truly affected the craft of HipHop. Nas is on his way but to say that now he's neck and neck, it doesnt sit right with me.

Edited by DaAce

Anyway regardless of where you place KRS and Nas, they're both legendary mcs, this is like Bill Russell giving props to Shaq

HOLD ON ONE DAMN SECOND!

KRS-ONE and Nas have and never will be neck and neck

KRS-ONE is a God in HipHop. His knowledge and lyricism is that of a supreme endlessness. Nas himself would agree and 99% of true HipHoppas (those associated with the roots from day one) would also agree. Its no disrespect to Nas, but there shouldnt be any neck and neck comparisons with KRS unless its with other Gods such as Mele Mel, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz and others who's impact and contributions goes beyond words.

Theres just no neck and neck comparison with Nas and the others. What he's doing is great right now but it will take another 10 years to look back and see how it truly affected the craft of HipHop. Nas is on his way but to say that now he's neck and neck, it doesnt sit right with me.

True HipHoppas would agree with the statement that Nas has brought himself to the level of the aforementioned. His discography compared to any of those mentioned cannot be ignored. Nas and KRS-ONE both are legends in the game. Nas has done exactly what can be looked upon as great art along with every other person you just mentioned.

plus, nas WOULD agree as you said...because he is respectfully humble in that sense...

Edited by Bob