JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tonight golden globes award

bigwill

As you may know tonight is the live ceremony of the Golden Globes Award.

What do you guys think are the chances for Will to win. We all know he is nominated for the best actor role with a tough competition of Leonardo Di Caprio.

I think as long Will wins an Oscar award ofcource i want him to win the Golden Globe to.

That would be great!!

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by bigwill

Well...

I'm very sure that Tell MeWhy will be released, %100.

Lets hope you are wrong again, but this time your guess isnt totally unrealistic so you are probably right. The movie isnt good enough, Wills acting was okey but noting fantastic, plus there have been some good performances over the last year. Wouldnt surprise me if they gave it to Peter O'Toole just because he is "supposed" to have it. With much luck it might happen though, but that would be a really big surprise. Maybe his chances had been bigger if it hadnt got so big.

I don't follow this movie stuff very closely. But i did catch some of E!'s coverage of the red carpet. I didn't see anything with FP except for this one shot where other celebs were walking the carpet, posing, taking pics, etc. But in the background, i could see FP up against the wall talking 2 the people in the stands watching everyone who waz walking by. He waz signing autographs and picked up somebody's pen that fell when they reached out for an autograph...ha ha. It waz cool seeing him talking 2 all the people while everyone else waz trying 2 be Hollywood.

I was happy for Forrest Whitaker and I knew going in that Will had little or no chance of winning the Golden Globe last night. It's another year where he's nominated but in a field where he has absolutely no chance of winning. To stack Will up against the likes of Forrest Whitaker & Leo DiCaprio is a tall task even for Will.

Another thing going against Will is the fact that Whitaker captured every single Critic's Choice award for Best Actor including the big ones(N.Y. Film Critics, L.A. Film Critics, Boston Film Critics, Critics' Choice, National Board of Review just to name a few). Leo might win the SAG award only because of his "body of work" and not necessarily for his current role. It's probably best to be happy for Will that he's a 3-time Golden Globe nominee and more than likely a 2-time Oscar nominee.

I really though that Will was gonna win this thing, i was actually pretty sure because it was the hell of a role he played, but well, we still have the oscars ahead and i believe in miracles, do u?