45 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

• original version
    • jazzy jeffs street remix

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a choice...i think they are both pretty average compared 2 everything else on Code Red. Usually when i make compilation CDs, i use Jazzy Jeff's Block Party Mix which is the Street Remix scratched up by Jazzy Jeff or Mr. Lee's Mixes which are just the album version with some additional production.

Guest Prince
[quote=DevilsJim89,Aug 13 2004, 12:14 AM]You just gotta love "Boom! Shake the Room" though. Its probably the best track I've ever heard that packs so much energy and adreanaline. It's such a great party song.[/quote]
FP doesn't love it... And he wrote it!

I don't think any of their material is wack...but there's "Boom! Shake The Room" and then there's "The Rain"...know what i mean. But one thing that's great about JJ+FP is that they can do a track that is deep, instrospective, and serious like "Shadow Dreams" or "The Rain" and then do a carefree mainstream track like "Boom! Shake The Room" or "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It." JJ+FP wouldn't be the same without being able 2 cover all those bases. Most artists/groups do only one kinda song...which i think gets boring real quick.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 12 2004, 09:17 PM]I don't think any of their material is wack...but there's "Boom! Shake The Room" and then there's "The Rain"...know what i mean. But one thing that's great about JJ+FP is that they can do a track that is deep, instrospective, and serious like "Shadow Dreams" or "The Rain" and then do a carefree mainstream track like "Boom! Shake The Room" or "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It." JJ+FP wouldn't be the same without being able 2 cover all those bases. Most artists/groups do only one kinda song...which i think gets boring real quick.[/quote]
I gotta agree with that. They can do real deep heartwarming - you can relate too - type of songs then they can just do somethin care free and fun like "I Wanna Rock".

just while we r on the topic of boom, it was played at my best friends 18th party last night, and i didnt even request it, they also played summertime and i scared all my friends coz i knew all the words.

Even if Will doesnt like boom it still gets played here in the clubs and every1 knows all the words and the dance. Ppl wont be doing that with nelly in 10 years time.