JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

are you out of your mind kid?

eljuancho

well, i'm pretty sure that K-Smith sucks on the MIC. let's just wait and see if Will's really going to retire and i don't think that Jeff is going to be happy with that, so he'll definately have a word with Will about that.

Edited by DefCEM

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think Will would officially retire, from the sounds of both quotes that we've heard about this (including the "music maybe a thing of the past" quote), he doesnt sound certain. I think its likely he will stop, but i think he'll leave his options open and not make an official statement, touch wood.

• Admin

He's made a few comments now about music being in the past..now working on his nephews album..and now KSmith telling him to retire.. Damn KSmith what an idiot..who is he to tell Will to retire.. I been waiting 14 years for a jjfp album and just as jeffs ready to do it Will's nephew tells him to stop rapping and he does! ridiculous :arg: :protest: :therain: :help: :shrug:

Y'all are overreacting here...we don't even know if this is true..after all...this is the Internet...we have heard so many things about Will which were not true at all...let's wait and see! I don't see him hanging up the mic just like that!

Y'all are overreacting here...we don't even know if this is true..after all...this is the Internet...we have heard so many things about Will which were not true at all...let's wait and see! I don't see him hanging up the mic just like that!

:word: we dont know anything official yet. that article looks a little sketch to me and im not sure how good of a source they are. yeah yeah im not gonna be coppin K-Smiths album either. Will is gonna have to retire sooner or later, so i think we need to be prepared for it. if this article is true, at least he went out with a good album.

Exactly. And Like I said, what if KSmith was just messin around...And you guys honestly think Will would just listen to him that quick like "You're right!"...No. He'll stop when he wants to stop...

Well, I found this on allhiphop.com! In the rumors section of Illseed:

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that Will Smith may retire from rap. Word is, a teenaged nephew told Big Willie that he's getting much too old to be spittin' bars and Will concurred. I think his nephew forgets, his last CD quietly went gold. Do your thing, Will!

• Admin

Well, I found this on allhiphop.com! In the rumors section of Illseed:

I don't know how true this is, but I heard that Will Smith may retire from rap. Word is, a teenaged nephew told Big Willie that he's getting much too old to be spittin' bars and Will concurred. I think his nephew forgets, his last CD quietly went gold. Do your thing, Will!

Exactly illseed exactly

Well, I heared the rumors about Will's retirement from hip hop, too. I was thinking about his point of view (why could he even think about that). And even if it's sad for us, who can blame him?

His last 3 CD's (Born to reign, 2002's Greatest Hits and Lost & Found) weren't as successful as Big Willie Style or even Willennium. He doesn't get the same attention and credits by doing rap music today as he gets by doing movies. And he earns much more money in Hollywood.

And there's nothing more he can reach by his music. He won almost everything in his music career (Grammy's etc.). The only title missing in his collection is the oscar.

But all that thoughts don't mean that he really retires. Let the media talk about that as long as they want it. I will only believe it if I hear Will say "That's it. I'm done". Because I'm sure he knows who his real fans are. And he would lose a lot of credit if he would turn his back against us.

Well, I heared the rumors about Will's retirement from hip hop, too. I was thinking about his point of view (why could he even think about that). And even if it's sad for us, who can blame him?

His last 3 CD's (Born to reign, 2002's Greatest Hits and Lost & Found) weren't as successful as Big Willie Style or even Willennium. He doesn't get the same attention and credits by doing rap music today as he gets by doing movies. And he earns much more money in Hollywood.

And there's nothing more he can reach by his music. He won almost everything in his music career (Grammy's etc.). The only title missing in his collection is the oscar.

But all that thoughts don't mean that he really retires. Let the media talk about that as long as they want it. I will only believe it if I hear Will say "That's it. I'm done". Because I'm sure he knows who his real fans are. And he would lose a lot of credit if he would turn his back against us.

Okey. Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21C-1qD710

Its at 3.45 something into the vid.