JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will on film 2007

Jazzy Julie

Thanks for this and the other clip julie, I loved the film 2007 clip, I realy like jonathan ross, he's very intelligent

and knows what to ask and how to ask.

I have a feeling that the Pursuit of happyness won't do so well in europe, I've got a gut feeling saying

this movie will fail in the international market. For several reasons, first of all, the movie should have been released

at the same time domestically as well as internationally, the gap of time between it is huge. Second of all, movies that

seem to be based on american filosophy tend to not do so well internationally, superman 3 made more then 70% of it's total gross

domestically, and almost 30% internationally, while Pirates of the caribbean did the opposite, it did between 30% domestically and 70%

internationally. Plus the fact that will smith's drama movies do not tend to do well in the international market, ali made 30% of it's total gross

and although legend of bagger vance doesn't count, it made 20% of it's total gross in the international market.

Let's wait and see.

ive got a gmtv interview too, i just need to get it on tape.

im not sure about how well the film will do here. Everyone underestimated how well it would do in america. Im just a little concerned that it didnt get as much promo as i hoped, the premier was tiny. Hopefully the weekend will have loads of film shows with it on. But i think with this movie word of mouth is very important.

The problem with Ali, atleast here in Sweden, was that it wasn't released at theaters. It went striaght to DVD. And those movies are usually not as entertaining as the ones shown at cinemas. And when buying or renting films, people might choice the ones they recognise and has heard of. Also, biographies are a special kind of movies cuz you have to be interested in the person to sit through 2+ hours. Or be a fan of one of the actors/actresses.

thanks for the clip :thumbsup: