JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE WHITE RAPPER SHOW

JumpinJack AJ

Let me 1st say the only real reason i watched this show is cuz i love MC Serch. He's hilarous and a overlooked Hip-Hop legend. When i saw the commercials 4 the show, i rolled my eyes until i saw MC Serch waz involved. Anyways, i've seen most of the 1st episode. Half of these kids are white trash idiots who are trying 2 be the stereotype of black. The other half got their own style which in some cases is a good thing and in some cases a bad thing. I definitly have a problem with the one girl runnin' at the mouth and dropping the N-word left and right. I think it waz cool that MC Serch later confronted her and said that that work doesn't flow and made her wear a rediculously big and heavy chain with "N-Word" on it...ha ha.

I waz wondering if anyone saw the show and what they think of it. It just aired 4 the 1st time last nite so VH-1 will be rerunning a few times i'm sure.

I haven't seen it, but from your review I bet the show is only hurting white rapper's reps even more, by just showing all the bad white rappers. Dang, thats not good for my cousin and I.

I was hoping that for a show about white rappers that they would have found some talented white rappers. They had a couple (and one of them got kicked off for being stupid). I really wasn't feeling the flow or the lyrics of most of the rappers. Lately I've been feeling like doing more music-wise. So far this show has been a good example of what not to do.

And yet I'll still end up watching the next episode.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

I disagree with having a show about rapping with only white people on there. Music (all kinds of music, not just Hip hop) is universal and it should be enjoyed by people of all different cultures and races around the world. So why can't we have a show with both black rappers and white rappers?

Edited by analogue

Its good to see Serch still around.. 3rd bass - pop goes the weasel is my joint! :wiggle: :wiggle: :jazzy:

During the 1st episode he disses Vanilla Ice. He's talking 2 the so-called rappers and says that if they do something (i forget what) their career would be over like Vanilla Ice's. What actually funny is that on the new show featuring Surreal Life cast members in a contest, Vanilla Ice had the most fans.

I have the "Pop Goes The Weasel" single...man, that video is hilarious.

I'm watching it to represent for Serch. Turns out I know John Brown and those Ghetto Revival cats (their leader, Dred Scott, lives across the street from me). I like Dred, and he's got OK skills as a producer, but damm they suck on the mic. I did them a favor once and engineered a track for them in my studio, they couldn't PAY me to do that crap again.

He was bragging to me about his boy being on that show, and how it was gonna blow their clique up. Looks like they're being made into a joke instead. Embarrassing! :paperbag: