JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

2 MEN SAVE TODDLER WHO FELL 4 STORIES

I found this article on AOL...who knows, maybe the world does have a chance?!

-------

Two New York Men Save Falling Toddler

NEW YORK (Jan. 5) - Two passers-by rescued a toddler who fell four stories, scrambling to catch him as he tumbled from a fire escape, police said.

Julio Gonzalez, 43, and Pedro Nevarez, 40, saw 3-year-old Timothy Addo dangling from a Bronx building on Thursday, police said. The boy had crawled out of a window when his baby sitter briefly took her eyes off of him, police said.

"He was hanging on for dear life," Gonzalez said.

Hearing people in the building scream for help as the boy's grip weakened, the men rushed over to position themselves under the fire escape to catch him.

"No one came," Nevarez said. "We knew it was up to us."

The boy tumbled and hit Nevarez in the chest so hard he knocked him off balance, but he bounced into Gonzalez' arms.

Timothy was treated at the hospital for a cut on his forehead.

"He's fine. He's happy. He's smiling," said his mother, 26-year-old Katrina Cosme, who was working at the time of the accident.

Police talked to the baby sitter, and an investigation was continuing Friday, Detective John Sweeney said.

The crucial catch came two days after a bystander threw himself onto a Manhattan subway track to save a man who had fallen, and a day after three police officers delivered a baby on a Brooklyn subway platform.

"This is the week of heroes in New York," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

Yeah, the kid climbed out the window and fell of the fire escape. I agree that the babysitter should have been paying better attention 2 the child...but at the same time. I've watched a kid...and something that takes your attention away from them for just a moment or 2 gives them plenty of time 2 get in2 alot of trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt the world will ever get so evil that people would just ignore it.

In that case you should get out some more.

Ok, I went for an 2 miles long walk today. I didnt see one single dead baby lying on the sidewalk. If I or anyone I know see a baby falling out of a window we will try to catch it, same thing with everyone else on the streets here, with one or two exceptions. But maybe its different in Holland where you live.

dang its been sooo long that I've posted on the site. Its kinda exciting to catch up on things that

I've been missing, but this 'negativity' is the last thing I need to read right now. Thx 4 the original

post tho AJ. It really is amazing to hear stories like this...

xoxo,

Cookie

Yeah it is. Anything can go down and people will ignore it caus they are afraid of getting involved in any kind of trouble.

Bullsh*t to that.

If I see a kid hanging from a fire escape/falling out of a window theres only one thing on my mind. "Try and help that kid".

Thanks for the article AJ, its great to hear heroic news like this.

P.S: That wasnt aimed at Turntable, but at the reason for people not helping.

Edited by Big Willie

Thats the only thing that would be in my mind too. I'd also help someone if he'd get attacked on the street by a couple of punks and stuff like that. Still, most people dont. It's a fact.. At least overe here that is. Nobody's doing ish, caus they are all cowards. We even had a rap anthem over here about voilence and how people look away.