JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mary Jane

Hero1

If I get to choose, I would ban alcohol as well yes. I havent said anything else. Its pretty much the same thing as drugs.

Sure, it would be some problems in the beginning but in the long leap I think it would be good for the world. If you say legalize pot then you can say legalise cocaine, heroine and so on as well...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Wes, the only thing I meant about smoking is the thought of smoke (which is so visibly and clearly bad for the body) freaks me out. I know it's similar to drinking, ie: putting a bad thing in your body, it's just the way it goes in that would never appeal to me. Drinking, yeah, everyone does that everyday, it just seems like the method is less unhealthy if you know what I mean. haha, yes I've been wasted over the past few years but I'm at uni, screw it, it's gotta be done. There's not one person I know at uni (and I know a lot of different types of people) that drink, and would tell me they have had a better night not drinking, than drinking. Unless they get insanely pissed and do something stupid, in which case it is their own fault. And, the people I do know that don't drink (yeah I know a few haha), well they simply don't seem to have as much fun as me...

The way I see it at the moment is that the benefits EASILY outweigh the costs, when that ceases to happen, almost definitely when I leave uni then I'll not be drinking anymore!

Good to see how mature this conversation is by the way... keep it up lol

• Admin

Sure, it would be some problems in the beginning but in the long leap I think it would be good for the world. If you say legalize pot then you can say legalise cocaine, heroine and so on as well...

No I didn't say that at all. You are quite good at making leaps though.. Lerkot you are living in a fantasy world, it might be a great idea to ban alcohol but that does not work in reality

Do some research.

and why is alcohol okay but drugs not? You know alcohol kills the brain cells.. alcohol can lead to a lot of horrible things..stuff which has affected my life and those close to me..but I won't go into that here.

amen thank you for some people out there who are following. im not saying pot isnt bad for me, im just saying its not any worse than drinking alcohol or poppin ecstasy pills or whatever everyone does today to get their fix.

and im sorry julie i cant make that promise for you. im the only one of my friends who usually do it with me that drives. i have to drive, and it really doesnt affect my driving skills. i know it might be hard for you, but let me worry about me. i could see how a car swerving in front of me could affect my reaction time, but that doesnt usually happen. to be dead honest, i drive less "reckless" and more "safe" when im relaxed, because you actually are a little paranoid about whats gonna happen if u make a wrong move.

Yo I'm glad to see a serious conversation like this on this board. I personally can relate to this topic to a "T" because I've been on both sides of the issue. I used to drink like crazy and I smoked some dozen-odd times in my teenage years. Please don't say weed doesn't affect one's driving, it was way worse than being drunk for me, and I would never advocate driving while high in any form. I don't have much to say about weed, I no longer hang with anyone close to me that does it, and my outlook upon it is strictly idealism at this point. I have become more understanding of those that do however.

Smoking something on one hand, is not a natural bodily process. You never have to "smoke to live" but you do have to drink water and other liquids to stay alive. In that case, someone can advocate drinking. But it's the problem of alcohol in the liquids where it gets more debatable. If the alcohol industry were to announce that everyone's favorite drinks were going to taste the same just the alcohol would be removed, how many people do you think would get pissed? Many claim they just drink for the taste, in a majority of cases I think that's bull****. Doctors say a drink or two a day can be good for the heart, so one can make a case there. This is intriguing to me because I think even if I were to follow that recommendation, I would still feel that I am supporting the alcoholic industry and saying it's okay for those who abuse alcohol and drive under influence, get in fights, rape, etc. I gotta draw the line somewhere; "Stand for something or fall for nothing!" Plus, how often do you hear someone say, "Let's meet at my house tonight. All of us will have one drink because it benefits our heart!" No. It's usually, " I'm gonna get so hammered tonight! Hell yeah!"

If I hear of a drunk driver killing someone in an accident, I would have no say in condemning that driver if I drink even a drink or two a week, because I still participate in the same ordeal. Plus, saying I'm only gonna drink one a day still leaves the door open to abuse it excessively at any unforseen time. Coming from a religious standpoint that I take, I say that tampering with the god-given innate (sober) mindstate through any means is wrong, and not looked upon favorably. However, I do understand that not everybody takes this viewpoint and not everyone has the courage to rebel in this manner. Therefore, it's all love! Do what you feel, feel what you do!

Smoking Affects people in different ways to different people, I know people who can smoke bags of weed and not a feel a thing, and I also know people who can take a puff of it and be giggling thier way home, and when it comes to driving, smoking weed is more safe than drinking, when your high you drive slow, no matter what you got less of a chance to crash than being wasted, because u can be high as you want and still have a level of the actions you do, when you drink you loose all reactions...

Anything that affects your body that way (alcohol, weed, medicine), will affect you whilst driving. Therefore making it unsafe. People might think they are safe driving whilst high but they really are not. Driving slow doesn't mean driving safe. What if you have to go on the motorway? People who have a bit to drink think they can get away with it if they drive slower.

If it wasn't an issue then their wouldn't be laws and discussions about driving whilst under the influence of a substance or drug.

It does affect on you, I never said that it didn't, I'm just saying I know people who smoke and drive and drink and drive, the people who smoke and drive have never had a crash in there life, and the ones who drink and drive get locked up everyweekend....

Driving under the influence of any substance, alcohol, drugs whatever, should not take place. Even if you wanna take the risk of harming yourself, dont take the risk of injuring or killing someone else. Whether people choose to do drugs or not, thats a different thing, but dont put other people's lives in danger because of it. Whether you feel capable of driving or not. I realise no-one will change their ways because of what I say, but I feel the need to say it anyway.

• Admin

Driving under the influence of any substance, alcohol, drugs whatever, should not take place. Even if you wanna take the risk of harming yourself, dont take the risk of injuring or killing someone else.

:1-say-yes: :1-say-yes: :1-say-yes:

Driving under the influence of any substance, alcohol, drugs whatever, should not take place. Even if you wanna take the risk of harming yourself, dont take the risk of injuring or killing someone else. Whether people choose to do drugs or not, thats a different thing, but dont put other people's lives in danger because of it. Whether you feel capable of driving or not. I realise no-one will change their ways because of what I say, but I feel the need to say it anyway.

SPOT ON! If you you can't think of yourselves, think of others! :thumbsup:

well Hymn Strings i guess weed affects u differently than in some peoples case, cuz i know people who say they'd rather be high and drive then drunk and drive, and it was supported by Joe aswell as me, even tho ive never been drunk. but they say that your vision becomes all blurry when you're drunk, thats not the case when ur high usually.

my reality is i have to drive and thats the bottom line, and ive never had anyone of my friends that smoke tell me they got in any kind of traffic accident cuz they were high. but hey, thats just my reality.

• Admin

For the moment.. but if because you were high and you're judgement was impaired that slightest bit.. you ended up killing a 6 year who was running across the road.. you would have to live with yourself for the rest of your life, knowing that if you haden't taken that risk that girl may still be alive.

Life is about choices.

You can make the choice to say, "No, I won't smoke that weed now because I have to drive home."