Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mary Jane

Hero1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

Well, since this topic has spun off in2 a drug topic...i gotta add me 2 cents in. For anyone who might be offended 4 what i say...don't be. It's just my opinion. I view my body as all i got. I can loose my car, my money, my job, etc...but nobody can me away from me...ha ha. So i believe in taking good care of it. I've never taken any drugs. I remember making my mind up as a young kid that i would never do that. I never smoked weed or even a cigarette for that matter. 2 me, all of that stuff would be a waste of money and nothing positive could come out of it...so why bother even experimenting. That doesn't mean i wasn't around it...ALOT. My enviornment was filled with it at one time and it waz no big deal 2 be around me...but now i won't really allow it around me. I even stopped drinking when i waz 14 or 15 (yeah, i got started early...ha ha) all becuz of what i said earlier about drugs. Bottom line, this is the body i'm stuck with...so i'm gonna treat it right. We may be spiritual beings...but we are physical being also. And if i'm gonna consider myself a champion at life...then i gotta live like one and treat my body the same way. In my eyez, u can't be a champion if u are addicted 2 any kinda drug.

On top of that, that stuff can only open a negative door wide open in your life. U can get arrested, fined, u can loose respect from important people in your life, hurt or kill someone while driving under the influence, u can make ignorant unchangable decesions that will effect u 4 the rest of your life, and u can allow others 2 effect your life 4 the rest of your life. I know quite a few girls who have been raped at parties where drugs and alcohol were floating around. I also know of someone who got in a car accident while under the influence...and it killed the passenger...one of my best friends girlfriends.

And on top of that, i think that if u have 2 rely on a drug 2 keep u happy, u seriously need 2 get a life. If u are so uncreative and uninspired in the many things going on around u that u gotta stimulate yourself with a drug...u need 2 check your lifestyle. If u are fine with that, than just do u. If u feel challenged or guilty, then maybe u need 2 examine yourself.

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

P.S. Excedrin is like trash 4 the body...i read that safest pain reliever is Tylonol. If it's energy u need...eat right, sleep right, and excersise.

I remember making my mind up as a young kid that i would never do that. I never smoked weed or even a cigarette for that matter. 2 me, all of that stuff would be a waste of money and nothing positive could come out of it...so why bother even experimenting. That doesn't mean i wasn't around it...ALOT. My enviornment was filled with it at one time and it waz no big deal 2 be around me...but now i won't really allow it around me. I even stopped drinking when i waz 14 or 15 (yeah, i got started early...ha ha) all becuz of what i said earlier about drugs. Bottom line, this is the body i'm stuck with...so i'm gonna treat it right. We may be spiritual beings...but we are physical being also. And if i'm gonna consider myself a champion at life...then i gotta live like one and treat my body the same way. In my eyez, u can't be a champion if u are addicted 2 any kinda drug.

On top of that, that stuff can only open a negative door wide open in your life. U can get arrested, fined, u can loose respect from important people in your life, hurt or kill someone while driving under the influence, u can make ignorant unchangable decesions that will effect u 4 the rest of your life, and u can allow others 2 effect your life 4 the rest of your life. I know quite a few girls who have been raped at parties where drugs and alcohol were floating around. I also know of someone who got in a car accident while under the influence...and it killed the passenger...one of my best friends girlfriends.

And on top of that, i think that if u have 2 rely on a drug 2 keep u happy, u seriously need 2 get a life. If u are so uncreative and uninspired in the many things going on around u that u gotta stimulate yourself with a drug...u need 2 check your lifestyle. If u are fine with that, than just do u. If u feel challenged or guilty, then maybe u need 2 examine yourself.

Right there with you on those thoughts you expressed.

• Admin

Yeah I would not be taken excedrin if it can be avoided... people get hooked on pain killers just as easily as marijuana etc..

My view is definitely healthy body healthy mind.. I try to keep my body as pure it can be, be eating the right things etc..being healthy and I find that keeps my mind sharper and I feel better overall.. I can understand why people drink, smoke, do drugs, or have any vice.. For me personally, I try to overcome all that and avoid it.. I can relate to AJ, I been around that environment in the past..and did not get involved and i'm glad I didn't.

yeah like tim said previously, drinking alcohol is bad (never drank more than a beer before) and smoking cigarrettes is bad (never smoked one and never will), as well as fast food. so why do people who smoke weed get criticized? maybe its my POV, but i cant understand how jonny can say he would never smoke weed when he's been waaaay more f'ed up than me on alcohol before (see "chat with jonny" thread). in my opinion, its all bad for you, and i dunno if any of them are worse than the other, cuz i dont know the facts, but some people act like they do. maybe someone could inform me as to why specifically smoking weed is so much worse than eating junk food or smoking cigarettes.

btw PeaceAngel if u need energy, just drink an energy drink, or a Red Line!! lol sorry sorry big willie and ace y'all gonna get on me about energy drinks and how bad they are since y'all so health conscious. trust me ive had this argument with my peers TOO many times and i dont wanna start one now hahahaha

Edited by WesSyde

oh yeah and if u guys are interested in an up and coming rapper, this guy reps the bay area, in fact he grew up on my street (the most ghetto part of my city nicknamed "sicc city") and im the same age as his lil brother. he had a song called mary jane, which isnt on his page anymore but it was dope, imma have to see if i can download it somewhere. if u guys like any bay/hyphy music u might wanna check him out. its pretty cool that he's reppin the same block as i am (except i dont really "rep" lol)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=39422831

I have allot of drugs around me, and I know enough people that are on it. Now some of them are doing very well, but some of them did **** up theyr life because of it. Myself, I dont do it, and I never will. I had some drinks in my life, but I'm keeping that on a low (big low) too.

well there is a difference between alcohol and drugs, myself i believe u are able to control your intake of alcohol a lot more than drugs, since ive never taken drugs im just assuming its more addictive. For starters alchohol and junk food are legal, whether pot should be legalised is another matter, i think personally it shouldnt, ive been to amsterdam and seen the affects.

I do drink alcohol, but i know my limits, never passed out or anything, and i only drink say once a month. Yes it damages your liver, but the liver is made to get any toxins out of your body, so small amounts wont do it much harm, obviously if your binge drinking every weekend, it does harm. However if u stop at the right time, the liver is the best organ to repair itself. It can be over 50% damaged and manage to repair itself. Your brain cannot, once u damage it, thats it. Maybe i shouldnt drink, but i know the facts about it and what im doing to myself, i know my limits. And i know in a few years when im older i wont drink anymore, i dont need it.

If u are smoking cigarettes its just as bad as drugs, people know the health risks and its ridiculous why someone would start that in the first place, and junk food is the same, people need self control.

As for prescription drugs, i suppose its up to the person how much u take. i only take painkillers when i really need to and antibiotics when ive been savaged by a cat. I suppose if u take painkillers in large amounts when its not really needed it is bad for you. We have this drug in the vets called Rimadyl, its a painkiller and anti-inflammatory, we use it mainly for dogs with arthritis. It causes kidney damage if its taken too much in large doses. Its just a decision u make, the dog is in pain constantly or u risk some kidney damage.

So im not saying drinking is right, i personally know what im doing and dont believe its enough to affect me when im older. smoking and junk food are both wrong but i believe drugs are so much worse than the other things. Its the first step onto a very bad road, it leads to harder drugs in a lot of cases, car accidents, loss of job, loss of friends.

I know some friends who smoked it a lot and became dumb as hell :3-laugh3: I think they should legalize marijuana tho.. alcohols legal..smokings legal..junk foods legal.. all bad for you

Yeah... sounds like a really good idea. Lets legalize whats bad for you... not make things that are bad for you illegal....

I dont know if thats the right way to go.

Wow, I didn't think you guys would make a topic out of this... I mean, I can't stay awake through a school day without taking a dose of Excedrin every morning, and sometimes a second dose later in the day.... are you gonna make a thread saying I'm a drug addict??

Actually... it sounds like you are.

Wow, I didn't think you guys would make a topic out of this... I mean, I can't stay awake through a school day without taking a dose of Excedrin every morning, and sometimes a second dose later in the day.... are you gonna make a thread saying I'm a drug addict??

Actually... it sounds like you are.

Come on man... I have similar views as you on drugs. But you cant go branding people drug addicts.

Bottom line for me on drugs/alcohol/cigarettes is, you are seriously ignorant if you start without knowing the health risks. If you know the health risks and then continue to do the drug, i guess thats you're decisison. I have no problem with that at all, but I'm just laying down what I think and what the risks are for anyone on the stuff. Poeple know the risks, its their decisiion to ignore them or not.