JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Free New Album From Talib Kweli and Madlib

ash trey

What didn't do it for you bart5? I'd honestly like to know.

I guess as I first skimmed through the tracks, they didn't seem very good because of the intros to the tracks like the ones on Engine Running and Time Is Right. A couple of the tracks seemed weird to me, so I didn't listen to carefully to all the tracks. But as I gave a closer listen to Soul Music, Happy Home, and Funny Money, they kinda grew on me. Overall I appreciate any free music that has some quality to it, mad props to Kweli and Madlib for giving something back to the fans. So what did you think of the album Fuq?

Yeah, I know what you mean bart. I used to not listen to stuff like this. But I learned to appreciate it. J Dilla has the best example for me. Stuff like that can be hard on your ears, but to think outside the box, that's something. Madlib is kinda crazy as a producer, but I check out more of his beats. He's quite cool.

Me, I love Kweli. And I heard Funny Money like crazy. It was awesome hearing it live too. I play this cd no problem. I love it. Soul Music, is like the perfect jam anthem for any true musician. Happy Home was really cool. Got an insight to Kweli's life. I love this album. I don't think there's any other way to say it. I know if I play it too much tho, I'll get tired of it.

I think the audio quality isn't perfect...on top of that Madlib's beats are a little too crazy and Kweli's style has always been very different so I can see how this could put some people off.

Me being a BIG Kweli fan loved it...but it took me a few listens to appreciate properly.

me the same...but it should be expected that an album that has absolutely NO requirements (since it isn't on sale!) would exercise a very creative and unique flow...