JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I guess I can tell you now..

Hero1

• Admin

Well The Return of The Magnificent EP is only a few weeks away so I guess I can reveal I've had these tracks for a while.. I've been sworn to secrecy of course.. Let me give you my thoughts on the tracks on the EP ..

A1. Jeff N Fess - feat Rhymefest

This beat Jeff originally did for his remix to "here he comes".. He's used this now for the collab with rhymefest. The track is classic jeff with james brown samples and a hell of a lot of scratches! The chorus is just Jeff cuttin it up "yes yes yall///come on come on" Rhymefest has a lot of clever lines, including references to he's the dj, i'm the rapper. Solid track, and now Jeff & Fess wanna do an album together.

A2. My Soul's Not 4 Sale - feat. Raheem DeVaughn

Okay I've had this beat since December 05.. I love this beat.. It is really smooth and laid back..with rhodes..deep bass .. just an amazing classic "jazzy jeff" vibe plus jeff scratching.. It's a real deep track so it was great that Raheem ended up working on it.. They actually recorded the song the day J Dilla passed so the track is dedicated to him.. well its worthy of a jay dee beat so it will be a great tribute..

B1. Whatever U Want - feat. Little Brother

This track really grows on you.. It may be the best little brother track I've ever heard. Its really catchy, and surprisingly features a lot of singing! Little brother is speaking to this girl and just telling her to relax at their house.. Its another just classic Jazzy Jeff beat...

B2. All I Know - feat. C.L. Smooth

Oh Boy..this is it.. I'm calling it now.. one of Jazzy Jeff's best tracks ever! This is a straight classic! I can see myself listening to this track for the next 10 years and never getting tired of it..Its perfect.. The beat is a low key jazzy vibe with piano and keyboards.. Jazzy Jeff has got the best out of CL Smooth too..his 3 verses are so great.. Every line is sublime, every word has meaning.. This is classic 93/94 hip hop. "marvel at the up close and personal meeting of the minds" I cannot wait for people to hear this track.. It just has a timeless feel too it.. Imagine your favorite JJFP track and this is right up there alongside it.. Its interesting to compare this to the rhymefest track..its like the new school rappers vs the old.. CL Smooth tells a story and its very focused..rhymefest is just dropping clever lines in a freestyle fashion..rhymefests track is good but CL's is brilliant.. I doubt 50 cent fans will be loving "all i know" as much as me, but those who love a tribe called quest/de la soul/black sheep and pete rock & cl smooth will be rejoicing :jazzy: :jazzy:

B3. BossyNova

This is a nice tune..sum nice jazz and V crooning over the top with ooohhhs and aaahhhs.. I imagine this will break up the album nicely.. you can just groove to it..great in the car too.. You probably heard this beat on jeffs myspace..the finished track is slightly different than that with the extra vocals.

Overall

If you liked The Magnificent.. you are gonna love The Return of The Magnificent.. These TROTM tracks are 10 times better in my opinion.. Jeff is producing every beat.. the tracks have a real jazzy flava.. and he is working with some of hip hop and soul's finest artists. He's spent a couple of years on the album too, so I think the extra time he's worked on the album will have been worth it. Bring on Jan 29 and then March..cause Jeff is bringing a hip hop classic!

any questions? :stickpoke:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Sounds amazing. Cant wait to pick that up. So Rhymefest and Jazzy gonna make an Album together? Any sure information about that?

Just that they both wanna do an album..whether it happens who knows.. :wiggle: