JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Music in 2007

analogue

Talib Kweli, Rakim, Nas continues, somebody on the R&B side that we haven't seen in real long time (SWV is back together, so what's the hold up, or Aaron Hall, maybe R.Kelly will shock the world again), Chamillionaire, Da Brakes, Kel Spencer, myself (just to see how I advance), hopefully BigTed (we'll get crackin' on that soon dawg!), I'd like to see some alternative rock or ballads come back up and around (every once and while my ear will drift to it, I miss that), I'd like to see a "Mixtape" put together of all artists we lost in recent years made in 2007. That would be hype. I can just imagine the most awesome mixes. There are some DJs that are crazy blenders. We can't forget about LL Cool J. And I'd like to see 50 Cent come out with just one more album. I mean just so it sticks that he realizes his career won't be "it" anymore.

And there's one more person I forgot, Ms. Jean Grae. Actually the whole Blacksmith Label.

Edited by mfuqua23

I hope to see more unity between artists and fans basically giving the hard working artists the support they deserve, Public Enemy and JJFP are the top groups of hip-hop again with their 20 year anniversary albums("Rock The House" was released in '87 so if thwey release an album next year it'll be for the official 20 year anniversary), it'd be cool if Rakim finally squashes beef with Eric B. and do a reunion album, it's about time, they need to do their 20 year anniversary album, Hammertime and MJ come back strong too with the blessings from James Brown's memory behind them, I can't wait for that Boyz II Men album, get LL on there to do "Hey Lover Pt. 2", lol, btw it'll be interesting to see if Mr. Smith could revive 50's career back, he should try to get 50 and Game to squash the beef and they all do a club banger together, imagine "Headspung"+"How We Do" type track, that'd get every club bouncin' in america...

Edited by bigted

Sean Price "Jesus Price Superstar," X-Clan "Return to Mecca," Talib Kweli "Eardrum," a new Pharoahe Monch album, new Planet Asia, Chamillionaire, another PE album, and definitely a Common's upcoming summer album called "Finding Forever," which I think will completely shake up the industry. Also, keeping my fingers crossed for a Freestyle Fellowship reunion. The Ultramagnetic MC's have a reunion album coming soon, but I haven't heard much good about it.

Guest Guest_JumpinJack AJ_*

I just want some good Hip-Hop 2 come out and get success. Kel Spencer, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, DJ Jazzy Jeff, LL Cool J, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Digable Planets. R-N-B needs 2 steer away from the lite side of things. I can't wait for Chilli's album and SWV's. I don't care about rock music...but i love acoustic stuff. I just want something new from Jason Mraz, The Fray, Teddy Geiger, or Anna Nalik. I'd like 2 see things happen in Reggae and Dancehall. No more of the trendy crappy stuff. Stuff with melody 2 it and real lyrics, instead of ignorant saying like "round da boat!"...ha ha. I'd actually like 2 see some club music get some shine 2.

In general, i'd like there 2 see less albums released and more quality albums beating the ratio to crappy albums.

I just wanna see where it's going. I?m hoping for that Michael Jackson comeback, and I'm looking forward to Boyz II Men & R. Kelly. I heard Coolio's gonna release, so I'm looking out for that too. Jazzy's gonna be sick, and you cant count LL Cool J out. Also looking forward to Cassidy, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Ashanti and the Wutang Clan.

Edited by Turntable

i felt like good music made a bit of a run this year with more good music being released and heard. i just want hip-hop to continue on that path this year and in time maybe good music will be all thats heard. but we can only hope

Edited by WesSyde

i want more music to be good clean fun.

Hopefully I'll be able to grant you that with Still Unsigned...!! :thumbsup:

Yeah definately looking forward to that, I'm gonna be getting some things recording soon as well, FUQ and Da Ace are doing their thing, KS got that distribution deal on AJ's homebase, lol,it'sd gonna be a big year for the JJFP.com fam...