JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE DIRTY SOUTH INVASION MUST END!

JumpinJack AJ

Yeah "Swtich" is a cool song to get you in a fun mood, I actually was listening to it yesterday in playing "L&F" for the first time in a while and it got me upbeat,not Will's finest moment lyrically but it flowed well which is thwe main thing that a song's supposed to sdo, music is supposed to make you feel somwething when you listen to it, a lot of people have a good time with that song that's why it did so well, "Walk It Out" brings a fun mood,really I don't feel the flow of the song but if some people find it to be fun it's all good with me,not on the same level as "Switch" either flowise

but like "Switch" it brings a fun mood, hip-hop don't have to be serious all the time but it can't be just party music either, has to be everything 'cause it reflects life, we're happy, sad, pissed, etc, we need all kinds of songs,really it just shows you that there are some who just listen to beats and not lyricsif people are amazed by "Walk It Out", like FUQ said it got a catchy beat but really it's kinda offbase flowwise, really I guess if you're waiting for another golden era where the radio'll play everything you lovethen I guess you gotta agree with Nas that hip-hop is dead 'cause I don't see that happening until it becomes less corporate, now the way I personally see it myself, it's in a sleep, not dead, it's up to the fans ansd the artists who care about the culture the most to have alarm clocks to wake it up figurativelyspeaking, can't wait for the record companies to do it, they're gonna try to milk their money making formula until they all go broke it seems,hip-hop is music of the people, it's up to all of us really, not let it continually be about a certain format that they want to play for us...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The choruses are typically the same line chanted over and over again...example "make your shoulder lean, shoulder lean, shoulder lean"...or the obnoxious "now walk it out, now walk it out, now walk it out, now walk it out, now walk it out, now walk it out"...or "I know u see it, i know u see it, i know u see it." Young Joc steps it up by changing one word in it "Meet me in the trill, it's going down, meet me at the mall, it's going down, meet me in the club, it's going down, anywhere we meet, it's guarenteed to go down." Are u freakin' kiddin' me? Whe thinks these can be called lyrics. Then, their crappy lyrics are delievered in the most uneducated voices i've ever heard. It's beyond dialect, it's beyond and accent.

Word. I don't know why those dudes just rap the same lines over and over for a chorus. Its like skillz said, "It ain't rap if you saying the same thing twice."

switch is different from other songs, i can dance to that without the rapper saying derogatory things about me and other women. Im not listening to rap music much at the moment, mainly rnb and pop, at least u know where u are with that. Until it changes im not going back.

yup i totally agree with y'all. its unfortunate cuz its played on the radio all the time at work. actually tho Walk It Out aint as bad cuz at least it has a beat and makes u wanna dance, the remix with Outkast is tight too. but yeah i dont listen to that stuff unless im forced too. its funny tho to think how easy it mustve been for these guys to come up with these simple choruses and now their makin big money. what's even wierder is i have a lot of friends who listen to young dro, young joc, etc but they also listen to stuff like Lupe, Kanye, Nas, etc. its kinda funny to see that combination, but these days teens will listen to just about anything, im tellin u if they promoted all types of hip-hop people would listen to it.

I prefer to ignore that wack stuff :P

The realest post in this whole thread, Bravo!

Ridicolous topic IMO.. Stop hating.. You dont decide what's real hip hop? ok i dont like many of those you talk about. But they have the right to make crap records.. And people have the right to be fans.. So just drop it.. BTW Scarface is from dirty south, and he's a lyricist like damn.. So what im trying to say is. Get over it like sisqo in that crappy movie..

Peace

When it comes 2 Hip-Hop from the south, The Geto Boys are probably the personification of that. The Geto Boys are originators. When i'm talking about the dirty south invation, i'm not talking about them. They are Hip-Hop and they got skillz. I'm talking about the light weight pop music that has empty elementry production, NO lyrics, and igorant people talking they they never went 2 school. There's no hating involved. This Joc/Dro/Jon/Scrappy trash is an embarssment 2 the human race. Don't get all bent outta shape cuz u love unoriginal, degrading, talent-lacking, explict pop music.

When it comes 2 Hip-Hop from the south, The Geto Boys are probably the personification of that. The Geto Boys are originators. When i'm talking about the dirty south invation, i'm not talking about them. They are Hip-Hop and they got skillz. I'm talking about the light weight pop music that has empty elementry production, NO lyrics, and igorant people talking they they never went 2 school. There's no hating involved. This Joc/Dro/Jon/Scrappy trash is an embarssment 2 the human race. Don't get all bent outta shape cuz u love unoriginal, degrading, talent-lacking, explict pop music.

Oh, so you know what kind music i like do you? listen jack.. What the **** did i just write? did you even get the point? Out off all the names you mentioned i like just 2 rappers.. So i dont know hip hop then? well if that's the case, then kiss my ass al.. Lil Wayne and Dro got some real talent.. This forum got a lot of prejudice.. Your "real rappers" got some real bad songs too.. but they have som real shìt to.. Just like Wayne and Dro.. You need to relax and enjoy life... Dro is new to this but the few songs i've heard, this dude is lyrical.. That chorous argument off yours is bullshìt, Talib Kweli "Get By".. Ever heard that song? he says it over and over again.. I know you is gonna say that it has meaning with the word.. Well Shoulder Lean is club track.. So why wont you get together with your friends and family or girlfriend or whatever, and go outside and breath.. then sitting on the forum trashtalk the hell out off your mouth.. Nothing good comes out off your mouth dude.. Don't get all bent outta shape cuz u is a tightass.. Let your ass breath too.

Edited by Pakalicous

The newest Issue of The Source:

The Source: What Artists Dou You Think Will Earn 5 Mic's In The Future?

Brand Nubian's Sadat X: I live in 150's block's in uptown Harlem, and I really like Juelz Santana, because I think he's destined for great thing's. I just like his swagger, his confidence and his appeal. Before I didnt pay to much attention, but I really like Lil Wayne. I think he's matured as a rapper and he's been in it for a while. He's really stepped his stuff up.

Pak, read a post relevant subject matter and u'll see what i have 2 say. Just cuz i say that your favorite lightweight dime-a-dozen rappers suck dosen't mean i only have negative things 2 say. U come at me cuz i insult u...what about all the other people in this topic that agree that this dirty south trash is garbage.