JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Final Box Office Numbers for TPOH

TopDawg14

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pursuit made $2,806,095 on Wednesday for a 6 day total of $35,082,380. It's consistently beating out the other films.

I don't know anything about box-office, but is this good news ? 3 M seems a bit weak. Plus Rocky Balbao seemed to get 6 M on a wednesday.

I seem to have a bad feeling about the weekend, lots of films coming out, POH could drop to the No.4 spot. Nights of the museum, rocky, we are marshall, good shepherd, and soon dreamgirls. I think it's going to take a huge beating in this course.

Pursuit made $2,806,095 on Wednesday for a 6 day total of $35,082,380. It's consistently beating out the other films.

I don't know anything about box-office, but is this good news ? 3 M seems a bit weak. Plus Rocky Balbao seemed to get 6 M on a wednesday.

I seem to have a bad feeling about the weekend, lots of films coming out, POH could drop to the No.4 spot. Nights of the museum, rocky, we are marshall, good shepherd, and soon dreamgirls. I think it's going to take a huge beating in this course.

2.87 million is pretty good for a movie like Pursuit. Rocky got 6 million because Wednesday was the release date, so a lot of people went out to see it when it opened.

In its first week at the box office, Pursuit of Happyness finished #1 raking in $38.2 million(that includes its $26.5 million weekend opener).

Friday's estimates have P.O.H. in the #2 slot with $5.3 million and it will look to finish the weekend in the top 3 with about $13-16 million.

According to BoxOfficeMojo.com weekend estimates, Pursuit of Happyness finished the weekend with an impressive $15 million weekend to land in the #2 position. The film only lost 43.5% of its box-office from last weekend.

The movie has now grossed $53.3 million in 10 days.

Thats good. I think. To reach 100, how much is it suppose to have reached after the second weekend?

Generally you like to see a movie do about 50-60% of what it did in its first weekend. POH's first weekend was $26 million and this past weekend it did $15 million. The next couple of weeks is key because if it can do about $6-10 million over the next 2 weekends then it should have no problem reaching $100 million. The big thing for a movie is to do about 55-60% of what it did the week before.

The holiday weekend box office numbers are in and The Pursuit of Happyness finished the Christmas weekend at #2 with $23.1 million showing. The movie finished in third on Christmas day with an $8.1 million total. The Pursuit of Happyness has now grossed $61.4 million in just 11 days.

Yup! 100 mill is in it's reach! When are the oscar nominations announced?