JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJ+FP or Will Smith???

Viktor

Would you like the new album to be a JJ+FP album or a Will Smith album?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the new album to be a JJ+FP album or a Will Smith album?

• JJ+FP
    • Will Smith
    • i don't care, anything new is wonderful

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is a Will Smith album with DJ JazzyJeff on it at times is all we can ask for, and we'll all be very happy with that. They still are JJ+FP, doesn't matter on the name anymore

Why shouldn't it be Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince???

Jeff produces Jazzy hip hop or R&B tunes. Will keeps "his charm". Fresh was just a word back in the day. He could redefine himself now. Fresh is something new. And to a lot of rappers that know nothing of the sorts, 4 them it will be something new.

[quote=mfuqua23,Aug 11 2004, 02:40 PM]Why shouldn't it be Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince???

Jeff produces Jazzy hip hop or R&B tunes. Will keeps "his charm". Fresh was just a word back in the day. He could redefine himself now. Fresh is something new. And to a lot of rappers that know nothing of the sorts, 4 them it will be something new.[/quote]
Its not a matter of why shouldn't it? Cos i don't think it would matter what they called the name. Its just most likely prodominantely Will Smith trax and not all with Jeff. It also makes things a lot easier on the promotion side of things. Will & Jeff will not always be available as a duo for tour dates and Tv appearances cos Jeff's got other things going on, so this way it'l make it that extra special when he doesn appear with Will.

• Admin
i just love the fact that they are recording lots of stuff right now..and they are gonna go on tour... the question is.. should they keep all these traxs and release em as a jjfp album next year ..or put em on the will smith album.. depends how many they do i guess...

Will Smith should still be known as the Fresh Prince, a lot of ol' school m.c.'s kept their rap names so he should keep his as well, since people know Will Smith as an actor, it'll be easier for people to refer to Fresh Prince as a rapper. :werd: As long as he starts droppping more albums, I don't care what he calls himself though.