JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Where are Eminem and Ludacris in your list of greats?

Bob

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. Let's say you should judge and Mc based on his songs, and not based on what he could do. Good msuic is good music.

Then you are judging him as a recording artist, but NOT as an MC. It's similar to judging a singer. Just because you put out great song after great song doesn't mean you are a great singer, just that you are a great recording artist.

Well aiight, I get what you'r saying. But see, if you are a musician you'r suposed to put out good music. I dont care how you call the guy, if he make's good music he's good to me. Beeing a musician is about making good music. It doesnt help if you are a good singer/mc and if put out bad record's.

Well aiight, I get what you'r saying. But see, if you are a musician you'r suposed to put out good music. I dont care how you call the guy, if he make's good music he's good to me. Beeing a musician is about making good music. It doesnt help if you are a good singer/mc and if put out bad record's.

Agreed... but we weren't talking about putting out good music... or being a musician... or putting out records... WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HIP-HOP! :shakehead:

• Members

Well Eminem does have skills but at the minute he's just putting those skills to bad use. His word play was awesome back in The Slim Shadey LP days but now he just isnt as good as he used to be. I also wouldn't say that Eminem is the most skillful rapper out cause there are 100's of emcee's who've got more skills than Eminem

and Eminem does talk some bull crap in his lyrics like ''Radio won't evan play my jam''. What the hell? The radio plays his music before anyone else and ''They tried to shut me down on MTV''. Again more bull cause Eminem is always on MTV and TRL

all i can say is that this is everyone has an opinion but he still is better than 90% rappers out today and ludacris is also highly skilled but forever slept on , and albums aren't sold on word play but good songs

Albums are sold on MARKETING!

marketing and word play are not exclusive and two different things

Well Eminem does have skills but at the minute he's just putting those skills to bad use. His word play was awesome back in The Slim Shadey LP days but now he just isnt as good as he used to be. I also wouldn't say that Eminem is the most skillful rapper out cause there are 100's of emcee's who've got more skills than Eminem

and Eminem does talk some bull crap in his lyrics like ''Radio won't evan play my jam''. What the hell? The radio plays his music before anyone else and ''They tried to shut me down on MTV''. Again more bull cause Eminem is always on MTV and TRL

all i can say is that this is everyone has an opinion but he still is better than 90% rappers out today and ludacris is also highly skilled but forever slept on , and albums aren't sold on word play but good songs

Don't get your point. :sipread:

You said that "albums aren't sold on word play but good songs". I am saying that YOU ARE WRONG, albums are NOT sold on EITHER! MARKETING is what sells albums today!

Agreed... but we weren't talking about putting out good music... or being a musician... or putting out records... WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HIP-HOP! :shakehead:

Its kind of irritating that people cant see the difference between hiphop and music.

*slaps Turntable*

Ah, I didnt know that. Maybe thats why my grades in music suck.

Edited by Lerkot