JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye, Nas, Rakim, KRS Collaborate On Track

ash trey

A variety of Hip-Hop legends and athletes will gather in New York this weekend to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of Nike's Air Force 1 sneaker.

Nike will host an invite-only celebration this Sunday (Dec. 10) in New York.

During the celebration, rappers Kanye West, Nas, Rakim and KRS-One will unveil and perform a new, Rick Rubin-produced original song, dedicated to the sneaker.

Rubin is well known for his wide range of hit productions, which include another sneaker anthem, Run-DMC's 1986 smash single, "My Adidas."

Guests expected to attend include Dave Chappelle, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Rihanna, Queen Latifah, Spike Lee, Moses Malone, Usher, Snoop Dogg, LL Cool J and others.

The Air Force 1 sneaker has become a staple of fashion in the Hip-Hop community and has been the topic of several songs, including Nelly's No. 1 hit, "Air Force One's."

The sneaker was created in 1982 and has remained one of Nike's top selling shoes for over two decades.

-----------------------------

So this is some where between "My Adidas" and the One Blood remix (just with more talented artists)!Can't wait!

Even though I love kanye and he does a great job in Nas album with his guest verse, I really can't see what he's doing there.

Let's hope he tries hard to keep up cause the others guys are on a different level in terms of skills.

• 2 months later...

so you get legends...and then there's kanye (lol-not neccessarily a hate-Kanye thread yet)....to pay tribute...to...a...shoe.

Golden Cow anyone? I'd rather have KRS-ONE, Nas, and Rakim to do something real special if they are to collaborate.

I'll have 2 check that track. Rakim and KRS-One is something i've always wanted. Nas, being Hip-Hop's frontman when it comes 2 repping real Hip-Hop on the mainstream front seems appropriate 2. Kanye West will never be on their level...but if he brings his best, i guess he can earn a cameo beside them. As long as it's not egotisictal Kanye, i'm fine with it. He hasn't done anything in the past month or 2 that has annoyed me. Him playing along with Common Sense making fun of him last nite on The Grammys waz fun 2 watch 2.

Alot of good guests are coming out 4 the event. The idea of celebrating a shoe is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard tho.'

tthat s such a hot track...the legends....with kanye too haha. he does feel out of place but its not bad. they should have put another old school rapper who spoke truth, but k as right. its to reel in the young kids. they dont know krs one is or rakim

Edited by Concept

actually puttin kanye int he track is good move to get attention, cos now kanye is popular so more people would lsiten tot he track :D ..and kanye aint bad at all

• 3 weeks later...

AJ, did ya peep the track? Its a GREAT track. They aren't worshiping a shoe either, they are mainly reminiscing over old school hip hop. I love the beat by Preamo as usual, and the graffiti in the video just made the whole thing that much better.