JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA - Allen Iverson wants out of Philly..

Vipa

Yup, AI's going to Denver for Joe Smith, Andre Miller and picks... Nice trade for Denver... not so much for Philly.

I think it's good for Philly. Their best bet is to start rebuilding. They now have 3 first rounders in what is supposed to be a VERY deep 07 draft, and an expiring contract in Joe Smith. They'll get some cap room, and that's exactly what Billy King wanted. I think they might try to move Chris Webber next, if only because of his contract.

Also, I hate to say it, but it gets them that much closer to getting a player like Greg Oden. I'm not saying they are going to tank the season for him, but odds are they'll get a good amount of lotto balls in the draft lottory.

Edited by Vipa

Yup, AI's going to Denver for Joe Smith, Andre Miller and picks... Nice trade for Denver... not so much for Philly.

I think it's good for Philly. Their best bet is to start rebuilding. They now have 3 first rounders in what is supposed to be a VERY deep 07 draft, and an expiring contract in Joe Smith. They'll get some cap room, and that's exactly what Billy King wanted. I think they might try to move Chris Webber next, if only because of his contract.

Also, I hate to say it, but it gets them that much closer to getting a player like Greg Oden. I'm not saying they are going to tank the season for him, but odds are they'll get a good amount of lotto balls in the draft lottory.

The Sixers should have demanded they get JR Smith. Though they managed to get some picks, they're going to be very low picks, given the fact that Denver won't be a good lottery team this year. They could have gotten JR Smith, Oden, and still receieved their late first round picks. The Sixers could have forced a little more out of Denver, especially with Denver having Melo and a few other players suffering suspensions.

Denver's also going to have to move a player, perhaps K. Mart... He, Iverson, Melo, Nene and Camby will be making 64 million next year. That's the full salary cap on 5 players...

Guest Guest_bigted_*

Barkley's on PTI on ESPN talking about the trade right now, he says that the Nuggets will be better but that don't mean they're gonna get a ring now it's gonna be a tough battle, he's basically on with that point, that west is loaded baby, now the way I see it this trade benefits both teams,the Sixers have a chance to build up the future now with these draft picks, Andre Miller ansd Joe Smith are very good role players too, it has to be more of a team concept now since they don't have a superstar in Iverson, basically they had to trade him too since they weren't selling tickets with him as the main attraction anymore, they need to build a more competitive team to get fans interested in them again, fans are tough, wespwexcially Philly fans,now if thewy ain't competitive by the trade deadline then they'll probably trade Webber to a more competitive team, btw I'm anxious to hear how his beat on Nas' new album sounds like, still waiting for it to arrive in the mail