JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NBA - Allen Iverson wants out of Philly..

Vipa

He demanded a trade today.

During the Sixers/Wizards game (Which he isn't playing in), they asked the Sixer's owner about it. He said AI "probably" has played his last games as a Sixer, and that the organization would "Try to accommodate" his request...

Might not be to Minnesota, but that's AI's choice. Another team thrown out as a possibility was Denver.

Edited by Vipa

Yeah, heard about it this morining. Apparently he and Mo Cheeks have been having problems and Iverson has grown tired of the situation. Minnesota would be a great destination for him. If Mchale can build a good team around KG and him, they could very well be contenders.

Really Iverson's been carrying that Sixer team for all the 10+ years he was there, most of the time the general manager's didn't really accomodate him with the right set of teammates to make them perrenial contenders that they could've been, maybe if it was 2000-2003 Iverson+CWebb would've been a great duo that've gotten them to the championship, if CWebb was on that 2001 Sixer team they could've beat the Lakers in the finals, they lacked inside scoring, but CWebb is past his prime now face it, and btw Garnett basically been in the same boat as Iverson, with the exception of a couple years in between like when the Wolves almost made the Finals, Garnett never had a roster he could win with in his 11+ years, him and Iverson would be a perfect fit, they're still both in their primes, they could make it deep in the playoffs if Iverson gets traded there

Yeah, I seen Stephen A talking about this last night. It's hard to imagine Iverson elsewhere, but wow, what a fit he would be for some of the teams that's been mentioned. When I heard him and C.Webb would be on the same team, I thought that would be a championship caliber team. Garnett and Iverson would be overdue if they never got a championship. But a lot of great players don't get one in their careers. I know there was maybe 2 other teams mentioned in addition to Minnesota and Denver. Stephen A brought about the LA Clippers and Atlanta Hawks (I think) for a quick minute. Minnesota seems to be the one with a lot of talk right now.

this is really depressing as a member of the philly phaithful.

iverson symbolizes philly with his gritty play.

i'm gonna miss the best player in the NBA.

oh, and anyone from philly knows how much an A$$hole steven a smith is. I can't stand him. I couldn't before he went national. He's a prick.

Looking at the Wolves' salary cap situation, there's a chance Minnesota won't be Iverson's destination. Iverson's making a little over 18 million, and KG is making 21 million. That's 39-40 million of their 65 million dollar salary cap. There would only be about 25 million left to build a team around those two. Minnesota would have to give up something like Ricky Davis, Mike James, Randy Foye and Troy Hudson to get Iverson. If this were Mark Cuban, it'd be all good, but the Wolves' owner has been notoriously stingy in the past. Rumors have it that Boston, Chicago and LA (Clippers) are the more likely destinations.

I heard a new Rumor today, but I doubt it has any wings at all...

Clippers get: AI

Sixers get: Maggette, Livingston, and another contract to balance the trade...

That is a good trade for both teams. from what i hear, Maggette has been on the block for a while too...

Edited by Vipa

Man, I hope AI comes to Minnesota. He would fit in perfectly with KG. If only we didn't waste all our salary cap on roster that won't win us games. KG definitely needs a guy to back him up if he is ever going to win a championship. Its a shame how hard both KG and AI work each year and it still isn't good enough to get their team anywhere. It must be the most frustrating thing in the world.

Right now, from what i'm hearing, the teams that have the best shot are......

Kings(Bibby?),

Warriors(J Rich? Davis?),

Maybe the Clippers(Maggette and Livingston?) or

Nuggets(No Idea, I don't think they want to trade Camby)...

I also heard the Celtics might try to get him. Telfair was a name that popped up along with Al Jefferson....

I think it might come down to a multi-team trade, though.