JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ebay question

Jazzy Julie

Im wondering if anyone can help me on ebay. im bidding for something for my boss. Its something rare so i know im gonna be in a major bidding war. Basically im a bit confused about the maximum bid, i know the maximum my boss wants to pay for the thing, but im trying to keep it as low as possible (get in the good books lol). Anyway, if i put in my highest bid, do u have to pay the highest i have put in? Or do u just pay over what the other person has bids, its hard for me to explain. im gonna put in a last minute bid so i dont wanna mess it up.

can anyone help? Thanx.

Well I use ebay a lot, especially recently 'cause they got a hell of a deals on music and movies, now what I try to do is not bid until the last few minutes, and really you don't have to pay what you're highest bid is, you pay what the lowest maximum bid is, that might sound confusing but I'm gonna drop it to you like this, lol, there's a thing on there that says you have to bid at least $10.53 'cause the last highest bid was $10, so you bid $12.00 and if you win with nobody else bidding you really only have to pay $10.53 even though you bid $12.00, hope that makes it easier for you, good luck :wiggle:

wait til the last 30 seconds or so before you make ANY bid. Then if you're willing to pay for example £50, enter a bid of like £50.25 or something, the extra pennies mean nothing to you but they will let you overtake anyone who's bid like £5.10 thinking they are class and are going to beat u. good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Yeah, by bidding at the end with your maximum amount, it'll allow less time for people 2 outbid u...and make it so that u personally don't blow your budget simply cuz u have more time 2 bid...ha ha. There were times when i'd start bidding at the last minute with my highest bid...and then freak when i wazn't the highest bidder...so i'd keep going higher in hopes of winning it even tho' it waz outta my budget...ha ha.

thanx guys that helps a lot. my boss is willing to pay quite a bit more than what its going for. So i was gonna be annoying and put in quite a high maximum bid at the last minute, then if this other person trys to outbid me, it will be difficult bcoz my high bid will be a lot more. i just didnt wanna pay a lot more than needed. and if i get this, yey promotion for me haha.