JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album Cover For LL's "Todd Smith 2: Return To Cool" Album

bigted

What I know is this:

I love quality hip hop. LL has got it. He's got flow and he's on point. G-Unit does not. lil' Wayne's presence on Hollywood Divorce is a great example of how I believe many of TS2's songs will turn out. LL will be on point and the craptacular rappers he's rolling with won't. They'll go off subject and rap about themselves, their money, whatever. It always happens.

I came here this morning with a fresh mind... but I re-read the tracklist... ""G's" (Featuring G-unit & Lil Scrappy) (Produced by 50 cent)"... I said to myself "Oh, you know that's gonna be good. It's really depressing as an LL fan. Maybe I'll end up buying half the album on iTunes, but I'm sure I won't be getting the whole thing.

It's like I said in the Will topic concerning his affiliation with 50. I think Will is a great rapper, but he is not my God. Same applies to LL. I can respect a man without accepting everything that he does as a stroke of brilliance on his part.

God Blessa!

I feel you on what you said there, they're human like any of us so really if the album's good it's good if it's not then it's not, it ain't the end of the world if it ain't good, I already know LL ain't perfect, Will ain't perfect, nobody's perfect, LL has some weak songs on his last few albums but did you buy them? You got "Born To Reign" in your CD collection but if Will does an album with 50 you wouldn't buy it? I couldn't imagine it being worse than "Born To Reign" though seriously, lol Just 'cause 50's on the tracklisting you're gonna delay? Just wait until you listen to the album before you jump to conclusions, you never know that Eminem might actually come with a better verse than Big Daddy Kane, nothing's impossible, and another thing man stop talking about G-Unit like they're devils or something, it ain't like LL's god and 50 Cent's satan, please, lol... Really the way I see it it's just like how like everyone thought Hammer sold out when he was rolling with Snoop and 2Pac and they stopped buying his music, Hammer was tired of everyone calling him soft too so he made "Funky Headhunter" and had west coast gangsta rap production on it but he was still a positive rapper, it was a great album too, probably one of his better albums but ignorant people didn't listen, of course that could be the consequence of LL's career, maybe he might receive so much backlash he might fade away like Hammer did, especially now since G-Unit don't even have close to the credability that Snoop and 2Pac did LL's album could fail miserably, basically everything that G-Unit affiliated is being avoided like bacteria lately so I really don't know if LL's gonna go more than gold here, hopefully that don't happen for his sake, maybe Hammer should give him a talk about that, lol

Edited by bigted

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to not crap on this album and wait. The list of those on the album makes me it may be something to at least give 2 run throughs. Kinda like Rotten Apple, having Rakim and Musiq almost binds you into at least listening through the CD.

I don't know man I don't think Lil' Wayne's verse ruined Outkast's album, it's probably one of the top albums of the year, it never left my CD player since I bought it it seems

I hope LL loses that pop image he has...

Yeah LL said in the new interview on MTV.com that he wants to make another Mama Said Knock You Out, now that's what I've ultimately wanted, the smooth songs are cool but he's best when he's aggressive, I think the GOAT LL will bring the best outta 50 too, he might start rapping like he did on his mixtapes again and he'll stop doing that pop candy shop rapping too, lol, Jay-Z'll know better to promote LL more this time if he knows what's good for him :bowdown:

Edited by bigted

dude.... Lil Scrappy? Like...WTF?

But.."The Fame" (featuring Big Daddy Kane, Eminem, Raekwon, Andre 3000 & Dr. Dre)" Now that sound hot.