JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

IF Will quits music, would you contintue to support him in other areas?

MissAshley

ok, so by now we've all seen or read about Will's comments regarding his music career, i've been reading people's reactions and most feel very strongly about it (rightfully so after what he was saying with L&F), so i ask this:

If Will does in fact "quit" music and Lost and Found was his last album, would you continue to support him in other areas? would you continue to see his films (if you're in fact a fan of his film career, I know some are not) be interested in his television and other business ventures? would you still respect him as a person/artist?

i'm asking because it seems like people are losing respect for him because of what he said, and saying everything from "mid-life crisis" to "too much Tom Cruise influence" personally i'm waiting to hear the words "I quit, that was it for me" before I make a judgement based on him saying music "may be a thing of the past" esp. after reading that he hasn't been listening to music lately, but focusing in other areas of his life and his career. I also think it may have something to do with B2R and L&F sales and response, but again i'm waiting for the day if/when he actually elaborates on what he said. just wondering, anybody wanna share?

Edited by MissAshley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I continue to support him in other areas?

I don't know. I always have and always Will be a JJFP/Will Smith music fan first. I've only seen about 4 of Will's movies. Him playing someone else doesn't interest me as much as hearing who he really is and what he thinks as a person. His music is as real as he gets and I really like that and it hurts that hes not doing it anymore.

It's not like I'm hating on him, I mean I'll never say I hate him its just right now its tough to say.

I like a lot of his movies, I think he's a great actor but I'm a much bigger fan of music than movies, there's always 9 albums that I could listen to, and I think that he's a great person and role model in the entertainment industry and life in general, he continually get my support, I might some things like he's going through a mid-life crisis 'cause I ain't a Loretta even though I'm a fan, it's just respectful criticism, I just don't see how he could say that music is his life last year and now he just shuts it out of his life altogether, what's going on there?

I've seen most of his movies. I'll still respect him, and see his movies. But I would be disappointed in him for not giving us a proper sendoff. I don't mind it if he releases a final album, but I want him to go out well. Advertise ti as the final album, and have him do a big tour and all that. Just as long as he ends that way, I'm happy.

No doubt I will support FP no matter what. I love his movies, and he only continues to improve his acting career. If L&F is his last album, then what can I say, I will miss knowing that there might be new JJFP music. But I will always enjoy the music he did do, and he will always be my all time favorite emcee.

I love his work in both fields. I'll still support him if he retires from music. That won't stop me from being a fan of his music and his movies.

I waz a fan b4 there waz a sign of him ever doing movies. Music has always been everything 2 me. But just like i had 2 in 1995, i'll adjust if he doesn't do much more music. Infact, when i think back 2 BB and ID4, i waz so hype 2 see those movies...more than most of his others. I'll support whatever he does no matter what would be next. I'm a supporter of HIM and what he does...not just the music. But without the music, he'll be missing some of he edge.

Absolutely.

I'm one of the few people on this board that would like to see him do more movies. He's done more than enough for me in terms of music. Now I would like to see him win acting awards(Golden Globe, Oscar, etc.).

If he quits music for good I'll be fine with it as long as he really feels it's time to put the mic down. Maybe he just needs a break to sort out his feelings about the industry. If I were him I would release music independently... but that's just me.