JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will quits music?

Lerkot

Julies post:

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...90entry152290

"no no no no, i was watching this video from the premier, at the end its really hard to hear but some1 asks about new music and Will says "that might all be in the past", i think he talks about directing and writing instead, its really hard to hear it tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21C-1qD710

i really really hope i misheard this."

I quote:

"When will we hear some music from you?"

- That might be in the past.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't think it's definate that he won't do anymore, he might feel this way at the moment the way the rap game is but I think when things get better he'll be back

"That may be in the past." So it sounds like Will is undecided about making more music. Either that, or he is leaving everyone in suspense.

Well the way the music industry is could you really blame him? It ain't really that fun anymore in the rap buisiness, he shouldn't have to beef with everybody everytime he puts out an album at this point in his career, btw it's a sad time for Philly right now, Donovan Mcnabb blows out his knee yesterday and now the greatest rapper in Philly history retires today

Edited by bigted

You didn't miss-hear anything. He said it strong too. The thing is, yesterday I had a feeling that L&F might be his last album. When he was promoting L&F he kept talking about music being his first love, but after hearing the audio interview and this one I'm feeling like he won't dedicate the time for an album. Just look how long we have to wait for any album from him. I really hope it's not true, but I'm having doubts that we'll get anything new.

God Blessa!

Well the thing is that even after "lost and found" came out, there's still a lot of people that view him as an actor and not as a rapper so that probably frustrates him, he probably realises that many people his age don't listen to rap anymore, he realises how movies touch more people and he wants his art to impact many people, slick rick was basically saying the same thing a couple weeks ago in an interview about how mature people don't really check for rap so that's why he don't record anymore himself

Man, I sure hope that he isn't done with music. It would be a shame, he is coming off of a great album, I don't see why he should stop. Nothing before this had led me to believe he was going to give up music, this all comes as a big shock to me.

A lot of rappers say they're gonna retire but most end up coming back, maybe it's just that he just wants to keep the focus on the film right now and not talk about music, if we don't hear anything about a new album by 2008 then I think it might be safe to say that he really is retired from rap

I hate to say this too but Will ruined his own rap career. One album shy of 10? A milestone in music. Thats ridiculous.

All these movies killed him and I dont buy that Lost&Found crap either. It hasnt changed anything one bit. I'm sick of all these "comebacks to rap" ..you either rap or you dont. Stop playing games with the fans.