JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The rest of the next gen consoles have hit the US

Schnazz

remember the Furby craze??

I'm personally waiting for the prices to go down and more games to come out. But I really don't care about videogames that much anymore. I'm becoming a more and more casual player. I'm not as serious as before.

Yup, and people would be selling their furbies for 500-1000% market value... lol.

Is there really that much of a difference between Playstation 2 and Playstation 3? I don't get what all the hype is about

... has anybody tried to download any of the classic games on the virtual console yet?

Yea, I got Super Mario World. They only have about 10 or so games on it right now, the original Sonic and Zelda, and the Super NES version of Sim City are the ones that looked interesting to me. They seemed over priced though... I think it was $5 - $8 for most of them with Super Mario World costing $10.

It, seems like a reasonable price to me $5 for the original Sonic and Zelda and i heard they are going to ad a new game every week i'm just itching to swing my Wiimote like a sword in twilight princess!!!

well the Wii i think is well priced really. a PS3 is with all the trimmings is abit pricey though. I plan to pick up a Wii here in the UK sometime after Crimbo, but a PS3 may tempt me in a year or 2 when its gone down abit and there's a decent collection of games. You gotta look at the history, both the PS1 and PS2 took about atleast a year to have any real great games on each system. I bought a PS2 in 2002 when things started to really kick off with games like Vice City, Metal Gear 2 and Pro Evo 2.

All this and I don't even play video games that much.

my point exactly!!

Is there really that much of a difference between Playstation 2 and Playstation 3? I don't get what all the hype is about

yeah whats the difference, the only way ur gonna experience a difference is if u have a big screen TV. its not worth my money, all i play is nba live and i dont play it more than 4 times a week so definitely not worth my money.

If i were to buy them,i would wait 3 years for a price drop,and buy the games that i want until then...

Over Thanksgiving I finally got a chance to put a significant amount of time into my Wii. Oh man, Excite Truck is a phenomenally good game! The sense of speed and the feeling of being one turn away from mayhem is great. The controls are straight on, twisting the wiimote to turn and control your jumps. While it's not as nice as sit-down arcade cabinet's controls, I like it a lot better than the commercial steering wheels that they make for consoles. A lot of reviewers have complained that the game is too short, that it feels more like a tech demo than a game. It's true, it's a very short game. For me though, that's a plus. I find that most games last too long for me to play them to the end, so the shortness of Excite Truck is a nice change. There isn't a whole lot of variety in the tracks (not a lot of distinct areas, not a lot of tracks), but I enjoyed going back and re-racing them to get a better score to unlock different things like new trucks.

Over all, I've had a tremendous amount of fun playing this game. If you like arcadey racing games, I highly recommend giving it a try.

And so ends this unrequested review by Schnazz. :)

I'm intrigued by a Mario Kart game for the Wii, Now that could be fun, pulling back the NunChuck pad and throwing it like weapons. Thats what you call a proper racing game :P