JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Time magazine list their top 100 albums ever

analogue

Time magazine list their top 100 albums ever

http://www.time.com/time/2006/100albums/

No mention of JJFP or Will Smith but surprise surprise The Marshal mathers LP is on there :shakehead:

But there are a few great albums on there like Michael Jackson's Thriller and Run DMC's Raising hell

Edited by analogue

A lot of times I notice it's the same albums on a lot of these lists, most of them deserve to be there though

@ Pak: Yeah, Ready To Die had some sick lyrics, but Life After Death was much more polished. And they perfectly balance the Street and Pop Tracks, during the whole 2 Disc's. And next to that it feautured some of the dopes Collabo's, like Notorius Thugz, I Love The Dough, ****ing You Tonight. It's a true Masterpiece to me.

Edited by Turntable

they should really do these by genre with peolpe who mena something in their respective fields.

example:

for top 100 rap albums have Fab 5 Freddy do that list

for top 100 rock albums have Paul McCartney do that one

basically have people who are very influencial in their fields do the lists. I'll respect those opinions.

I was thinking today and Eminem does write some Bull crap in his lyrics from time to time like ''Radio won't evan play my jam'' are you kidding me? The radio usualy plays his stuff before anyone elses and ''They tried to shut me down on MTV'' what the hell? MTV ALWAYS play his music videos and he's on TRL all the time.

Oh and Eminem brought us all 50 cent and that's just unforgivable

but the guy does have skills and i thought that his first album (Slim Shady LP) was pretty good and it just went downhill for me from there

Edited by analogue

Kool Moe Dee listed Fresh Prince at #23 in his top 50 MCs of all time book and didn't list Eminem on there so I think I'll take his word more than Time magazine, although even Fresh Prince would tell you that Eminem got mad skills and at the same time Eminem will tell you that he was inspired from the Fresh Prince

Edited by bigted

Fresh Prince and Eminem should do a track together. I'm no major Eminem fan but i think that if they collaborated together it will show people that the thing between them is now history and the hatchet will be buried once and for all.

There's never been a beef like Turntable said, some people are idiots if they considered them to be beefing, and there's only one person Fresh Prince needs to collaborate with right now and that's Jazzy Jeff, there's probably more people out there thinking that JJFP broke up than there is thinking that FP and Em had beef