JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BRITNEY SPEARS NEWZ

JumpinJack AJ

For those that care, here's a bunch of articles that came out in the last day or so.

----------

K-Fed Slapped With Sample Suit

Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:05PM by Jeff Davidson

It's a good thing Kevin Federline has been earning some money lately. He was hit earlier this year with a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by Thomas Dolby. For the younger set, you'll remember Dolby from his smash hit, "She Blinded Me With Science," which was recently named by VH1 as one of the top songs of the 80s. Apparently, K-Fed liked the song enough to sample it in his "America's Most Wanted" tune which he streamed on his MySpace page. The song was reportedly downloaded over half a million times.

Dolby checked out the MySpace page to listen to the tune. He didn't like what he heard, from both a legal and artistic standpoint. Once he confirmed that he had not licensed the sample to anyone connected with Federline, Dolby wanted to put an immediate stop to the sampling. However, he says he had a lot of trouble actually locating him, even when going through Britney's agent. Perhaps K-Fed was away on one of his club tours?

Speaking with Thomas today, he tells TMZ that, at first, he didn't even know who Federline was; a fan posted something on Dolby's website forum alerting him to K-Fed's sample. Dolby says he even tried to post a "cease and desist" letter on Federline's MySpace page and that he was blocked by a filter ... suspecting that "words over one syllable" were not allowed on K-Fed's page. Finally, K-Fed made an undisclosed cash payment to Dolby for stealing borrowing part of his song.

Now that the lawsuit is resolved, Dolby is readying himself to hit the road for the first time in years. He releases a live CD and DVD "The Sole Inhabitant" on November 21 and on November 28 hits the road for a four-week North American tour with fellow Electronica pioneer BT.

Meanwhile, K-Fed isn't just getting slammed with lawsuits. He again appeared on WWE's "Monday Night Raw" last night and challenged champion Jon Cena to a match in Miami on New Year's Day 2007. Cena happily accepted. You'd think Kevin learned his lesson last time he was embarrassed on national TV. Maybe K-Fed needs the wrestling gig money to make up for all money being lost on poor concert ticket sales? And to pay up on lawsuits.

K-Fed Up? -- "Rapper" Boo'd on Halloween

Posted Nov 1st 2006 12:08PM by TMZ Staff

Kevin Federline calls himself "America's Most Hated" and last night he proved it, as his Halloween performance was met with a chorus of boos -- and not of the ghostly variety.

Before the first beat dropped from his new song "Privilege," Federleezy was bombarded with jeers from the costume-clad crowd at the West Hollywood Halloween Carnival. To his credit, the ratio of haters-to-fans hovered somewhere around 50-50, with at least half the crowd actually screaming in anticipation of K-Fed's performance.

Though rumors (and high hopes) floated through the crowd that his wife, Britney Spears, would make a surprise appearance, everyone seemed let down when Federline sang his one song and quickly bolted to his album release party in a white Rolls Royce Phantom.

Britney Spears Files for Divorce

Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:47PM by TMZ Staff

Britney Spears has filed a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.

TMZ obtained the legal papers, filed today in Los Angeles County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." In her petition, Spears asks for both legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, one-year old Sean Preston and two-month old Jayden James, with Federline getting reasonable visitation rights.

As for money, sources tell TMZ the couple, who married in Oct. 2004, has an iron-clad prenup. Not surprisingly, Spears is waiving her right to spousal support. She's also asking the judge to make each party pay their own attorney's fees.

Spears gives the date of separation as yesterday, the same day she flaunted her incredible revamped physique during a surprise appearance on David Letterman's show. Sources tell TMZ there was no single reason for Britney pulling the plug, rather, it was "a string of events."

Spears has hired powerhouse celebrity divorce lawyer Laura Wasser, who has repped a number of celebs, including Angelina Jolie, Nick Lachey and Kiefer Sutherland. We're told Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe asked Wasser to rep both of them in their split, but Wasser declined for personal reasons.

Significantly, Britney lists the date of her marriage as October 6, 2004. There was an uproar around the time of the wedding because the highly publicized "secret" ceremony was held on Sept. 18th, leading many to question the validity of the ceremony. Now the divorce documents indicate that the lavish ceremony was not the official wedding.

Divorce Docs Prove Britney Faked Her "Wedding"

Posted Nov 7th 2006 3:40PM by TMZ Staff

In the wake of Britney Spear's bombshell split from Kevin Federline, the pop princess has revealed a major secret about her highly publicized and widely photographed wedding -- it was a fraud!

Spears and Federline celebrated what many thought was their wedding day on Sept. 18th, 2004 at the Studio City home of wedding planner Alyson Fox. Roughly 25 close friends and family members reportedly attended, including Spears' mother and sister.

However, according to the divorce papers filed by Spears, her marraige to K-Fed didn't occur until Oct 6th -- nearly three weeks after the "secret" nuptials went down.

Us Weekly obtained what they claimed were authentic legal documents signed by Spears and Federline and their attorneys. The documents, published on thesmokinggun.com state that the event that happened on Sept. 18 was a "faux ceremony," and also state that the pop duet had to work out a prenup before tying the knot for real.

Britney's rep fired back at the reports, telling Us Weekly at the time, "This is all ludicrous. They are happily married, and I have no reason to believe otherwise." Yeah, right.

Now, with the official date on the record books, we know that they got hitched after the blitz. With Brit reportedly worth $32 million at the time of the wedding, the former Mouseketeer was smart to ink a deal before signing her marriage license!

Britney Ices K-Fed

Posted Nov 7th 2006 9:01PM by TMZ Staff

Newly single and icy cool, Britney Spears took to the world famous ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center in New York tonight, in a post-filing-of-papers celebratory skate. With K-Fed in the deep freeze, she has reason to celebrate.

Brit's manager Larry Rudolph helped the blonde pop tart stay upright, while hordes of amazed tourists took pictures and watched the teen idol skate. Once Britney got her balance, she was twirling and putting on quite a show -- just two hours after news of her split was scooped by TMZ.

Just before skating, she did some damage at a local Gap store to pick up an outfit for the rink. She looked fine in her slick black pants, plunging neckline and white hat (the good guys always wear a white hat).

She had been seen earlier leaving her hotel, and dining at Italian bistro Baldoria, protected by dark glasses and a large bodyguard.

Britney/K-Fed Divorce -- Nasty Turn

Posted Nov 8th 2006 12:15AM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Kevin Federline may fight Britney Spears for custody of his children. Federline has not had much time to react to Spears' decision to end the marriage, and that's because she didn't tell him in advance that she was filing for divorce. Federline was caught flatfooted when TMZ broke the story Tuesday that Britney filed legal papers in L.A. County Superior Court.

Spears has asked for sole custody of the couple's two small children. TMZ is told Federline is thinking of challenging that, even though Spears has functioned as the primary, if not sole parent, as Federline tours the country hawking his CD.

Federline almost certainly cannot challenge the prenup. Sources say hotshot divorce lawyer Laura Wasser drafted an air-tight prenuptial agreement before the couple married. So Federline's only chance of cashing in is by mounting an ugly custody fight, trying to force a more lucrative settlement. But friends of Spears say Britney will fight a holy war to prevent Federline from getting custody and, given his track record -- or lack of it -- with the kids, it would appear Spears has the clear advantage.

You know, I knew that would happen sooner or later. It was clear that they won't life till they die together, 'cause they've a different oppinion about living. She wants to be the good mother, he wants to make party day and night. Maybe he should this Lindsay Lohan girl next. They would match. I couldn't say which one would win, if they would do a alcohol drink competiton.

I never liked Britney, 'cause she always appeared to me like living on another planet, but she doesn't deserve such a punk. I hope the children won't suffer.

And about K-Fed. I'm damn sure we won't see this jerk for long. He's just a clown, he's not a good rapper, that's why nobody cares about his cd, and his performances at RAW and at Cyber Sunday were a joke. I really can't understand what Vince McMahon sees in him. He can't wrestle either, now WWE fans have to see him until this match against WWE Champion John Cena is over. That can't be true.

To sum up and make the point: Britney is finally done with him and can start another comeback in the music business, he can go to another party, and in a few months I'm sure we won't hear a lot of K-Fed again.

K-Fed's a bum, basically he was just living off of Britney and now that they're divorced we'll never hear from him again

You know, I knew that would happen sooner or later. It was clear that they won't life till they die together, 'cause they've a different oppinion about living. She wants to be the good mother, he wants to make party day and night. Maybe he should this Lindsay Lohan girl next. They would match. I couldn't say which one would win, if they would do a alcohol drink competiton.

I never liked Britney, 'cause she always appeared to me like living on another planet, but she doesn't deserve such a punk. I hope the children won't suffer.

And about K-Fed. I'm damn sure we won't see this jerk for long. He's just a clown, he's not a good rapper, that's why nobody cares about his cd, and his performances at RAW and at Cyber Sunday were a joke. I really can't understand what Vince McMahon sees in him. He can't wrestle either, now WWE fans have to see him until this match against WWE Champion John Cena is over. That can't be true.

To sum up and make the point: Britney is finally done with him and can start another comeback in the music business, he can go to another party, and in a few months I'm sure we won't hear a lot of K-Fed again.

a bunch of friends and i were at a sports bar for the WWE pay-per-view, where the played up the main event: champions of champions as something historic with soo much credibility. In the hype video package, they had quotes from Ali and other sports greats about being the champ, making this match seem soo important. But then to have K-FED interfere made all 3 brands (Raw, Smackdown, ECW) look like garbage.

GO TNA!!!! (Kurt Angle, Sting, Rhino, Samoa Joe...) at least they dont bring in K-fed...

Honestly I don't understand what Britney saw in him in the first place, the whole world seems to consider him an idiot, she must not be that smart either to stay with him for over a year when most wouldn't stay with him for a minute, maybe she noticed soundscan came out this week and saw that his album flopped so she called for the divorce, lol

"Despite months of promotion, Federline's Fire cracks the Billboard top 200 at #151, with first-week sales reported at about 6,000. According to the latest SoundScan numbers, Playing With Fire — one of 19 new releases to enter this latest sales chart — is the 16th-best-performing debut of the week" :lol: :woono:

I can't front, i like Britney. I threw her in a category with all the uninteresting pop artists back in the late 90's when she 1st came out. My girlfriend at the time (in 1999) liked her so i took her 2 see her in concert as a surprise(yes, she doe actually sing live in concert). I actually liked her show and started liking her. I actually really liked her In The Zone album. But when she started dating the dirtbag K-Fed, i lost alot of respect 4 her and become uninterested. She just like his greasyness rub off on her. But with how she's straightened her life out, cleaned herself up, got back in shape, i'm actually interested in her next album. K-Fed is just the biggest joke ever. How do u become a Justin Timberlake/LFO back up dancer 2 getting with Shar Jackson, having 2 kids, then leaving her cuz for some reason Britney Spears shows interset in u. He's America's biggest joke. When i saw him perform live on TV 4 the 1st time, i couldn't belive it waz that bad. I mean, i knew he wouldn't be any good, but it waz even worse than i thought. It's pretty bad when your wife doesn't even want u have custody of your kids...ha ha. I wish the best 4 all of them...it's gotta suck 4 everyone involved.

It's funny how she left Justin Timberlake who's been one of the most successful artists for a bum like K-Fed, I guess love is blind