Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas' single "Hip hop is dead" from his album titled the same has leaked

Bob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G-Unit put out a mixtape titled "Hip Hop is Dead".

Was this before or after Nas announced the title of his album in May?

Pretty soon it will be "G-Unit Is Dead" :lol:

It happened after of course, 50's trying to piss off Nas I guess but really 50's digging his own grave :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

If 50 thinks he can battle with Nas, he obviously hasn't heard "Ether". And G-Unit is not one to make a statement like that, because they are contributing to the "death" where Nas is trying to save it.

Nobody takes G-Unit seriously anymore, when Nas' album drops it'll be the nail in the coffin for them

Hey Ted, as far as Lupe is concerned, try months.

Yeah that's true but a month and a half early is not good, hopefully it don't get delayed now, they need to push that release date up so his sales won't be affected

Edited by bigted

I think the reason why Lupe's album didn't sell as well as they thought it'd is 'cause I heard some people say that they liked the leaked version better so hopefully Nas don't have to push his album back and record new material 'cause it might not be as good as what leaked, that's the bad thing about having an album leak early like this, btw I heard Game's album leaked too, it's only 2 weeks away so it's not too bad

I think the reason why Lupe's album didn't sell as well as they thought it'd is 'cause I heard some people say that they liked the leaked version better so hopefully Nas don't have to push his album back and record new material 'cause it might not be as good as what leaked, that's the bad thing about having an album leak early like this, btw I heard Game's album leaked too, it's only 2 weeks away so it's not too bad

it did and ITS AWESOME

I do find it funny that Nas is doing a song like hip hop is dead.. from illmatic he completely sold out.. started rapping about cars clothes and money.. doing jiggy singles :woono:

yeah nas really wants to sell millions of albums like i said earlier, he ain't really that much different than other rappers when it comes to that, and i remember on "god's son" he had a song on there dissin' r&b rappers and then he went to do a song with ja rule around that time who's known to be an r&b rapper, nas is like krs-one in the sense that sometimes he comes off as hypocritical even though i like his music a lot, sometimes sending mixed signals to the audience, i personally don't let it bother me though 'cause i like their music but i could understand why some might not want to be their fans, and i really don't think hip-hop needs him to save it, hip-hop doesn't revolve around one rapper respectfully speaking

Edited by bigted

I do find it funny that Nas is doing a song like hip hop is dead.. from illmatic he completely sold out.. started rapping about cars clothes and money.. doing jiggy singles :woono:

I don't know, I kind of feel he's got to have resentment for other rappers getting more attention for raps that don't have much meaning. Sure he's done stuff to stay mainstream, but I don't believe at all he's sold out, he's different than any of those rappers out there today. NOW Jay-z, having a budweiser commercial endorse his ablum, THAT is selling out completely. I love Jay, but like, he get's more respect from media (like MTV that named him #1 all time rapper) because of his sellout. Nas has done alot to get his name out there, but the fact he isn't looked at too much from mainstream says something for him NOT willing to sell-out. Everything he raps about has meaning.

I don't know, I kind of feel he's got to have resentment for other rappers getting more attention for raps that don't have much meaning. Sure he's done stuff to stay mainstream, but I don't believe at all he's sold out, he's different than any of those rappers out there today. NOW Jay-z, having a budweiser commercial endorse his ablum, THAT is selling out completely. I love Jay, but like, he get's more respect from media (like MTV that named him #1 all time rapper) because of his sellout. Nas has done alot to get his name out there, but the fact he isn't looked at too much from mainstream says something for him NOT willing to sell-out. Everything he raps about has meaning.

I gotta agree with a lot of what you said there, I think Nas wants to have success for all the right reasons, the truth is that if he never did any of those mainstream songs Columbia would've dropped him and he'd never be that known but he still puts a lot of meaningful raps out there, he'd be slept on as much as Hieroglyphics are if he didn't do any mainstream songs, he had to do some to keep his career afloat, he put out "Illmatic" which is one of the realest albums ever and it didn't sell, the truth is if more people went out and supported that album when it came out then he probably wouldn't have went mainstream, I mean come on now I could feel the artists there when people call them for selling out, the fans complain about how artists don't keep it real but they don't buy the albums when they do keep it real, it's just like when Will did "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Miami", if he did another "Code Red" album Columbia wouldn't release it... Yeah you could read the article on mtv.com talking about why Jay-Z' considered the #1 rapper and they list a bunch of things that he does like owning the Nets and being president of Def Jam, being the #1 rapper should be about mic skills and performance and there are many that have more of both than he does, and the truth is with the stage of a career that Jay-Z is at he should be using his power to choose more of what he wants to do, doing beer commercials is not sending a good message to the audience, he should know better than to do that like I said earlier, there are other tasteful ways to promote yourself

Edited by bigted