JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJ+FP PIC IN XXL

2Pac fans need 2 pick up the current XXL magazine with 2Pac on the cover. While i still have some of it 2 read, it's timeline on "everything 2Pac" from his death til now is excellent. It brought 2 my attention a few things i had missed.

Anyways, on page 112, in the 1997 part of the timeline, it features that JJ+FP picture from the Grammys where FP is accepting his win for "MIB." The caption next to it says...

February 25:

In his acceptance speech after winning a Best Rap Solo Performance Grammy for "Men In Black" (a catchy ode to "galaxy defenders") Will Smith dedicates the award to the memory of Tupac and Biggie."

I'm not so crazy about 2 pac...never been on my fav mc list...I don't see what all the fuzz is about...So I doubt that I will get this issue of XXL just because of one picture!

:word:

I also don't appericiate the little quip about "a catchy ode to galaxy defenders", that sounds kind of sarcastic if you ask me.

I don't really like XXL that much, they didn't even review "Lost and Found", they shoulda put FP on the cover when the album came out, they already put 2Pac on many of their magazine covers before too, I like 2Pac but he's definately a lil' overhyped at this point, great rappers that're still alive deserve as much props that he gets

I don't really like XXL that much, they didn't even review "Lost and Found", they shoulda put FP on the cover when the album came out, they already put 2Pac on many of their magazine covers before too, I like 2Pac but he's definately a lil' overhyped at this point, great rappers that're still alive deserve as much props that he gets

:word: I know what your saying man! Feel the same way...2 pac might have been a good mc...but let the man rest in peace..

The XXL is the most crappy magazine out there. And the Vibe.. Wll I guess for R&b it's decent. The Sourc for me is basicly the only one. And now that they kicked out Mays and Benzino they are like they once where again. I'll still get this XXl tho, caus than I can put the picture on my wall.