JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Running Man

Hobzoky

• Members

Hey Y'all

First time on-line, so here's a lil'bout me in situ. I's been a long standing fan since the early days of "parents don't understand", "first out the limo" etc.

Around that time I also recall liking Ray Parker Jr and Heavy D, but I lost those tapes a long time ago, and have never felt a great urge to replace them or follow their careers. Jazzy Jeff and Will, will always be on my ipod or whatever the future player will be. I like the idea of a device changes your voice into the singer that you are listening to, so you can sing along, I think it's essential that you don't learn all the words for full effect. Imagine Beyonce singing a Barry White song in his voice "give it up...turn it loose..."

Anyway, as some of you guys are possibly of the same era, and going back to Heavy D. Is there a better track than "Now that we've found love" to do the running man to? I know Rosie Parez did a sort of mash up version to "fight the power" but...eech!

What do you think?

• Members

Hi,

I suppose you can do the running man to anything, but doesn't mean you're gonna have a crowd round you whopping and cheering.

I reackon it'll get you out of a fix though, imagine you're at a wedding, DJ puts on a smoocher... if you haven't got anyone yet, your going to get someone quick, decent folk will be grabbing you for a slow dance just to stop you knocking out grandpops.

U can't touch this, yeah that's up there, Rick James lick I think on that, it's going to make you move. I'd chuck in a Dave Chappelle quote here, but I wouldn't want him to go on another extended holiday and it be my fault.

22's a good age, so long as you don't worry about money.

Pleased to hear from you guys.

H java script:emoticon(':tantrum:',%20'smid_26')

Ha ha...good 2 see another old school fan in here. Speaking of Heavy D, did anybody see Step Up. The slightly slimmer Heavy D plays a guy who runs a grimy club and car jacking business. It's a supporting part but he nails it.

Mostly early 90's Hip-Hop and R-N-B calls for the running man.

I missed that, but I'll look out for it.

Glad JJFP didn't do House Party, it was a badgoodclassic in it's own right, and we wouldn't have had the cartoon without it. JJFP have plenty so I'm sure they didn't miss it. Love that Ripple Sample Oh laa Oh laa aye!!!

Heavy D.. He plays a role in one of my favourite tv shows, "The Tracy Morgan Show". He looked like he lost allot of weight. I dont know if they still do that show tho... It's not that old tho.

Nope, they dont do that show no longer.. just one season or one and a half or so.

• Members

You're right, he has slimmed down, Pics available on IMDB.com, according to that he's been busy on screen. I can't remember the characters name, but he looks like one of he guys from a the cosby spin-off, A Differernt world.

Weirdly, he's decided to bring a new album out soon too. I'm sure one of the Boyz iz dead. So he's not heavy anymore, there ain't no Boyz, as such, what's he going to be called?

I'm intrigued. In fact I might try and get a couple of his old tunes. Amazing how things come full circle.

And in case you're wondering, unless they bring out another Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jr can kiss my A*se!!

I'm not giving it away.

By the way, I noticed the Phill collins and Nas mix on the forum. I'm not eligable for the download, but does anyone know if its widely available elsewhere?

Cheers

H

We are so off topic...ha ha...but that whole album is good. Is It Good To You, Sister Sister, Peaceful Jorney, Cuz He's Always Around, Don't Curse, and Now That We Found Love. Classic.