JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

***JJFP LONDON REPORT***

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Da Brakes,Aug 5 2004, 02:59 PM]It was a hot summers day in the middle of Leicester Square!!  The sun was beating down and the workmen were putting the finishing touches to the stage on which Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince was perfoming!!  The time was 1pm and the show wasn't due to start until 6pm but the loyal fans were there waiting for the show to get underway!!

I managed to get a good position at what I thought was the front but the security opened up another section and there was a mad rush to get that bit closer to the stage.  I saw people running to the front and I thought "I'm not having this!"  So I jumped the fence and kindly pushed my way to the front!!  :kekeke:  It was here I stood waiting for The Fresh Prince to arrive.

A couple of hours later non other than Jazzy Jeff stepped on satge to make sure his equipment was set up correctly and just basically to warm up.  Alot more people had come now and to my surprise, Jeff did not get a reaction!  :eek4:  He was wearing a bright flourescent green t-shirt and only a handful of poeple shouted out Jeff's name!

(3 Hours Later!!)

I'm standing around making sure my camcorder is working correctly when the crowd errupts!!!  Deafening screams and cheers were cdoming from every1!  I thought it had to be him. ..........................and it was!  Will Smith came out looking vert suave in a suit and shades giving high fives and blowing kisses to every1 in the crowd!  It was amazing!!  Seeing The Fresh Prince in the flesh after all these years was really something!!  To my utter dismay my section of the crowd was the only section he didn't give high fives to!  I thought to myself thats ok because at least i have a good position for when he performs!

He did the usual few interviews and mingled with the celebs (Busta Rhymes included) and then it was showtime! Jeff was on the wheels of steel and out of the speakers you hear Will start hyping up the crowd!  Jeff kicks in with Beyonce - Crazy In Love and Will did the booty dance!! Really very funny!!  The crowd loved it!! 

After he did that he was getting every1 to scream and then went into an acapella!  Non other that Brand New Funk!!!  Jeff came in with the beat and it sounded AWESOME!!  As Tim said it sounds so good now that his voice had matured!!  After that he asked the crowd who loves hip hop!!  Everybody screamed in agreement and then he announced that he had a very special guest he wanted to introduce!  He said he wasn't gonna say who it was and just let them come on...........................on comes Biz Markie and he does the original to Just a Friend!!  before Biz goes Will says to Biz that he and himself should get down with the beatboxing!!!  Will does his trademark beatbox (the one he did in TFBOBA and Men In Black 2) Then Biz did his thing!!  Biz went and then Will continued with the show.  I can't remember the order of songs he did but he performed:

* Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble (different lyrics than what is on the album version)
* Men in Black (excellent but he didn't get to the part with the dance!!)
* Gettin Jiggy Wit It (big crowd pleaser!!)
* Miami (But a modified version for us Londoners!!)

and then the piece de resistance 

* SUMMERTIME!

This sounded AMAZING over the speaker system!!  Will was so good and i've never been to a concert like that before! (and been to Michael Jackson, Eminem)  It was awesome!! 

As he was coming to the end of this i was shouting out "SWITCH, SWITCH" but he didn't hear me!!  He didn't mention the new single to us at all!  He told us about how he and Jazzy recorded their first ever album in the UK over 5 week!! (Swiss Cottaage) and that we will always hold a special place for him!!!

He then returned back stage!!  Everyone was showing their support!!  Even all the celebrities!!!  All in all it was one of the best moments of my lifetime and I'll be sharing it very soon with u guys on video!!!!

:music:[/quote]
that is GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.................

I really really read it all!!!...
mannnn I so jelleus in you...!!!

from what I heard that was the best show ever!!!...
i'm sooo glad u enjoyed the show...!!!
next time ill b there with ya... we will do session with jully and all the fans...

P.S - I want the video...
I can burn it on cd and save it 4 everrr Edited by willreign

Guest Prince
[quote=willreign,Aug 6 2004, 12:17 PM]next time ill b there with ya... we will do session with jully and all the fans...[/quote]
Yeah haha... Get the jazzyjefffreshprince.com posse going! :thumb:

thanks 4 this Da Brakes, very good report, with this I can imagine how great JJ&FP are performing live.....
I've been in front of Will twice and it was amazin how cool he was with me but I really really wish see jj&fp perfroming live, do u think they will cometo Spain to promote Will's new cd?????
I'll will wait 4 that video da Brakes, how lucky you are :bowdown: