JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hip Hop's negative impact on Kids

Hero1

Good read even though he is stating the obvious points that many of us have made on this board. I do respect the fact that he won't spin records he feels to be demeaning.

Even though I agree with most of his points, the real reason behind kids' behavior starts in the home. If there is no structure and discipline in the home then you're going to continue to see the stuff you see. While I don't believe that rap music is the source of the problem, today's rap music is part of the problem. My belief is that if you're not helping to find a solution then you're part of the problem. Rap music is a BIG part of the problem.

Good read. Most of the points there have been discussed a lot but this article proves again (if indirectly) that Will Smith has lest his mark on hip hop and that he represents it "in order to live the "Big Willie Style" that is so often projected". He put Miami on the map and made it a playground for rappers and also created the BWS lifestyle that everyone wants to live. Props to the man

I don't think hip-hop really brings that much influence to kids, think about how there was all these positive hip-hop artists in the '80s and yet it was the crack era in the inner cities, doesn't that seem kinda ironic, wouldn't the positive music have a positive effect on the kids to do good and leave the crack alone? Even if there was more positive artists getting fame in hip-hop again that doesn't mean everything's gonna be better, maybe if parents learned to raise their kids then I think there'll be less problems, that's the most important thing...

Edited by bigted

I don't think hip-hop really brings that much influence to kids, think about how there was all these positive hip-hop artists in the '80s and yet it was the crack era in the inner cities, doesn't that seem kinda ironic, wouldn't the positive music have a positive effect on the kids to do good and leave the crack alone? Even if there was more positive artists getting fame in hip-hop again that doesn't mean everything's gonna be better, maybe if parents learned to raise their kids then I think there'll be less problems, that's the most important thing...

Exactly.

yeah i agree that hip-hop doesnt have to do with kids who are less fortunate in that they live in the projects or have parents that dont love them. but i think tim's point was that hip-hop can be negative towards a kid and can have a negative meaning toward them, which i agree with.

Eçverythings is better than all those 12 year old girls that are listenin to Goth Rock till they actualy start believing that they are depressed (even tho they have a good life) and start cuting themself and ****. Now thats something you see allot.

so many girls in my town have cut themselves...i can name 4 girls and one guy off the top of my head....its rediculas

i doubt its cause the music too, im just saying that they're so many retarted girls in my town that cut themselves that most likely arent really depressed.

there were so many that we joked about it saying it was a fad or the cool thing to do now adays

Edited by Concept

I doubt they are cutting themselves because of the music..

No, they do it caus they think its something cool. One of them does it with real problems, and 10 do it too caus they wanna be like her caus she`s dark etc. And you can be shure that 99% of them listen to that music. But you cant blame the music? Well I agree. So you also can blame Hip Hop for something. I`m shure of one thing tho, if you allways listen to dark, melancolic music you start to feel depressed.

Edited by Turntable