JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice Cube Added To VH1 Hip-Hop Honorees

bigted

Ice Cube Added to VH1 Hip Hop Honors Show

By: Mark Lelinwalla

July 18, 2006

Ice Cube has been added to the list of artists that will be honored at this year’s VH1 Hip Hop Honors show.

Cube now joins a powerful list of honorees which includes Rakim, the Wu-Tang Clan, the Beastie Boys, Eazy-E, Russell Simmons, MC Lyte and Afrika Bambaataa.

Print

Email

Comment As earlier reported by Vibe.com, the third annual VH1 Hip Hop Honors show will be hosted by Ice-T and will be held at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Oct. 1 in New York City.

At last year’s Hip Hop Honors show, St. Louis rap superstar Nelly did his best renditions of “I’m Bad” and “Doin It” to honor LL Cool J. Ice-T, Big Daddy Kane and the late Notorious B.I.G. were also honored.

Cube continues to promote his album, Laugh Now, Cry Later.

Jazzy Jeff performed with grand master flash...that was dope...Ice Cube is a dope choice...he's been doing his own thing since he started...JJFP will be there soon enough tim, don't get ya knickers in a twist:lolsign:

What the hell... another wack choise, just like Wu-Tang and Eazy-E.

Please...

And calm down, Their time will come. It's not like this is the last honors show VH1 is ever doing. Just stay positive.

Edited by Vipa

Exactly...JJFP will get one...maybe next year...maybe in 5, but they will get a honour for hip hop, otherwise it's stupid...and with them choices are good choices. They all deserve what they have done...

Peace.

What the hell... another wack choise, just like Wu-Tang and Eazy-E.

Eazy-E isnt excatly what I`d chose ether, caus he only used Ghostwriters. I put Big Pun way above him. But Ice Cube should be in there. And The Wutang Clan did beats ond lyrics on a level no one will ever do it again.