JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Source`s Lost & Found Review

Sometimes it seem to me that some of you only how much Mic`s The Source gave Lost & Found. But not what they eactauly said in the review. So I decided to type it for ya`ll:

-----

Will Smith-Lost And Found

Production: Jazzy Jeff, The Freshmen, Polow Da Don, Kwame, Jae Staxx, G-1, DJ Twinz, Hot Runner Tl & Others

Before his mega successes on the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air and all those summer blockbusters, Will "Big Willie" Smith was Hip Hop. But only a handfull of people in the Hip hop community have reached out publicty to give this rap veteran the respect he deserves as a pioneer who helped bring rap music to the mainstream. Instead, many have felt it necessary to disrespect one of the few Mc`s in the game with class. "Will Smith dont gotta cuss in his raps to sell records/Well I do, so **** him and **** you top", wack rapper #2 rapped, a blatant attempt by the blond-haired prankster to discredit and humiliate the first Grammy-winning Mc. Vying not to do the obivious by giving wack rapper #2 a heated response, "Mr. Nice Guy" did what any 25

Million-per-movie man with class would do-nothing-bypassing him in the process.

In the midst of all the controversy and beef in the game, Will brings a definite change of pace with the album Lost And Found. Despite all of his Hollywood success, Will shows he still has love for Rap as a art form. On featured cuts like the title track, he tells us how the rap-game looks from his perspective. He spits surprising lines like "When I hear ya`ll its an awful sound / I dont ride beats I take them of the ground". Will is also entertaining when he uncharacterristically takes time to adress foes, like radio personality Wendy Williams. On the track "Mr. Nice Guy", he boasts, "Girl better leave me alone/Before I buy your radio station and send you home".

Altough Big Will often comes with an unexpected twist approach on this album, he nonetheless sounds generic at times, like on the Jadakiss-themed "Tell Me Why". On this track, which also feautures Mary J. Blige, the listener gets the same questions about the faults and miseries of the world, proving that Will is much better suited for party singles like "Switch" and "Party Starter".

Still, Lost & Found shows his humility. Will knows where it all stardet for him and what got him where he is today.

3 Mic`s.

Edited by Turntable

3 Mics.

Before his mega successes on the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air and all those summer blockbusters, Will "Big Willie" Smith was Hip Hop. But only a handfull of people in the Hip hop community have reached out publicty to give this rap veteran the respect he deserves as a pioneer who helped bring rap music to the mainstream. Instead, many have felt it necessary to disrespect one of the few Mc`s in the game with class. "Will Smith dont gotta cuss in his raps to sell records/Well I do, so **** him and **** you top", wack rapper #2 rapped, a blatant attempt by the blond-haired prankster to discredit and humiliate the first Grammy-winning Mc. Vying not to do the obivious by giving wack rapper #2 a heated response, "Mr. Nice Guy" did what any 25 Million-per-movie man with class would do-nothing-bypassing him in the process.

I love this part.

That was a great read, 3 mics is considered good, with all the great things that's said in that review there you'd thought that they gave it 4 mics which is superior or 5 mics which is the highest ranking of a classic album, it's sorta misleading...

Edited by bigted

That was a great read, 3 mics is considered good, with all the great things that's said in that review there you'd thought that they gave it 4 mics which is superior or 5 mics which is the highest ranking of a classic album, it's sorta misleading...

Yeah treu. But I think 3 is reasanoble.

Yeah 3 mics is a solid rating, I wonder how many mics "Willenium", "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", and "Code Red" have gotten, now if those albums didn't get more than 3 mics it'd be a crime 'cause those are classic albums...