JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Lost Will Tapes

• Members

For a long time, I've been wanting to do this, but I never got the chance to ask. Which of the following songs did Will Smith, DJ Jazzy Jeff or both of them (as DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince) leave off as unreleased? This includes collaborations, songs that appeared on mixtapes, and songs that were originally uncensored. I say this because the Fresh Prince rarely curses, and if a song had some sort of profanity, and was reluctant to make it to the album (like "Big Willie Style," "Don't Say Nuthin," and "Tell Me Why"), the curse word is immediately edited out.

Edited by no1wammy

holla back is one of my fave tracks.

The only rare songs left off albums that are available are:

Holla Back

Get Hyped

From Da South

Dance or Die

Higher Baby

Grovers Groove

Family Christmas

Lovely Daze

Nothin on my Mind

Branded

Da Rebirth

Don't Fight The Feeling

Got To Be Real

Supercalafragilistic

i think thats all of them.

Yeh, and you'll fins a nice collection remixes around aswell.

You'll begin to learn that we know all around this place, :P

(Well we like to think so)

• Members

holla back is one of my fave tracks.

The only rare songs left off albums that are available are:

Holla Back

Get Hyped

From Da South

Dance or Die

Higher Baby

Grovers Groove

Family Christmas

Lovely Daze

Nothin on my Mind

Branded

Da Rebirth

Don't Fight The Feeling

Got To Be Real

Supercalafragilistic

i think thats all of them.

man, all them? how did you hear about these ones? are they JJFP or Will as a solo artist?

B-Sides or other appearances I know of are....

Billy Ocean, Fresh Prince & Mimi - I Sleep Much Better (BO's Greatest Hits)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Dance Or Die (Made In America Soundtrack)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - From Da South (Boom! Shake The Room Single)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Get Hyped (I'm Looking For The One Single)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Higher Baby (Barcelona Gold)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Family Christmas (Black Christmas & Avex The Album)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - New Kids On The Block (Word 2 Compilation)

Mary J Blige & Will Smith - Got To Be Real (Shark Tale Soundtrack)

Shaggy, Sean Paul, Will Smith - Hey Sexy Lady (Sexy Lady Explosion)

Various Artists - Voices That Care (For The People in Gulf War1991)

Will Smith - Just Cruisin (Men I Black Soundtrack, JJFP Greatest Hits)

Will Smith - Chosen One (Lost & Found Japanese Bonus Track)

Will Smith - Coming To The Stage (Lost & Found Bonus Track)

Will Smith - We Wont (Lost & Found Bonus Track)

Will Smith Coming To The Stage (Lost & Found Bonus Track)

Paul Schaffer (Short FP Rap) - When the Radio Is On (The Single (Vinyl))

Will Smith - Holla Back (Will Smith - Freakin It UK Single)

Will Smith - Gettin' Jiggy Wit It (Remix Featuring Big Pun, Cam'ron)

Will Smith - Nothin' On My Mind (Born To Reign Overseas Bonus Track)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Don't Fight The Feeling (Japan JJFP Greatest Hits)

Jazzy Jeff & Paul Yamz - Branded (The Magnificent EP Single)

Jazzy Jeff - Da Rebirth (The Magnificent EP Single)

Jazz Jeff & Fresh Prince, Grover Washington - Grovers Groove (Jazzy's Groove Vinyl, Best of JJFP)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Lovely Daze (JJFP Greatest Hits)

Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Supercalafragilistic (Performance on Disney)

AJ is the man for remixes and where to find them....

Edited by Big Willie

I'll have 2 update my list of stuff and post it. I know there's still a few things i'm missing.

Alot of the truely unreleased stuff we don't have much info on.

Here's a few from each era that come 2 mind....

BWS - Keep It Real (JJ+FP), I Just Wanna Blend (produced by Warren G), Sign Your Name (a love song 2 Jada)...there's also another Warren G produced track that waz done for BWS. There's the unreleased So So Def Remix of "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" which is one of the best Hip-Hop remixes ever.

WILLENNIUM - a Wyclef produced track and 2 collabos with Michael Jackson

B2R - He recorded over twice the amount of material that made the album

L+F - He waz activly working on the album since 2003. He had at least 40-some trax done 4 it.

• Members

BWS - Keep It Real (JJ+FP), I Just Wanna Blend (produced by Warren G), Sign Your Name (a love song 2 Jada)...there's also another Warren G produced track that waz done for BWS. There's the unreleased So So Def Remix of "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" which is one of the best Hip-Hop remixes ever.

I really wanna hear the Warren G tracks. Unfortunately, I'm not an active member.

However, I am willing to show off my playlist just to give you the heads up that I'm still down with the Fresh Prince. More on this in Caught In The Middle forum (entitled My Playlist Has Gone Mad).

What about the collabos with Will and Jay-Z that are on the Exclusive JJFP Rare Tracks Forum? Are they legit?

And, is the remix version to "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" available in its uncensored version? It's required because of this: a few months back, I sent a letter to Flash of the Original Hip Hop Lyrics Archive inquiring about this discovery. He doesn't seem to believe it because the Big Pun, R.O.C. and Cam'ron verses made it a little hardcore for Will, but nonetheless, he is still interested in hearing this remix. That way, he can determine if this song was actually promoted. I have a hunch that this song was released, but only as a promo. Notice the mixtape shoutouts.

I really wanna hear the Warren G tracks. Unfortunately, I'm not an active member.

Well I AM one, And I haven't heard it..lol. These tracks haven't been released, they were recorded, considered for the album, then "Locked" in the vault.

who knows, maybe one day when will calls the rapping quits, they'll put them out...

However, I am willing to show off my playlist just to give you the heads up that I'm still down with the Fresh Prince. More on this in Caught In The Middle forum (entitled My Playlist Has Gone Mad).

What about the collabos with Will and Jay-Z that are on the Exclusive JJFP Rare Tracks Forum? Are they legit?

And, is the remix version to "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" available in its uncensored version? It's required because of this: a few months back, I sent a letter to Flash of the Original Hip Hop Lyrics Archive inquiring about this discovery. He doesn't seem to believe it because the Big Pun, R.O.C. and Cam'ron verses made it a little hardcore for Will, but nonetheless, he is still interested in hearing this remix. That way, he can determine if this song was actually promoted. I have a hunch that this song was released, but only as a promo. Notice the mixtape shoutouts.

all of the tracks that AJ mentioned cant be heard even if you are an active member because nobody has them because they have never been released, it's just rumors and what AJ hears thru connections. the stuff that was posted by Julie and Big Willie can be heard because it has been released somehow.

i dont know what Will and Jay-Z remix you're talking about unless you're talkin about the one that Vipa did which isnt official or anything. the remix of GJWI with Big Pun, R.O.C and Cam'ron does exist but i never listen to it cuz i dont like it that much.

• Members

Me neither. But I keep it for archives.

As for the Will and Jay-Z songs - actually, it's just one. The Party Starter remix must be a fluke.

It's "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" by Jay-Z feat. Will Smith & Kanye West

http://www.jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/...?showtopic=6035

(NOTE: Only active members can view this link.)

How do you create active forums with Invision Power Board?