JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent To Executive Produce LL Cool J's Next Album

bigted

Oh and with G-Unit.. Yes I was talking about production. I was talking about the beats.

i gotta disagree, G-Unit beats suck. everything about G-Unit sucks

But not mather waht yall say.. Juging things before you actauly heard it is ignorant and stupid. Yall should think about that, especaly as Will Smith Fans. Take the damn sticks out of your asses.

speaking of judgement, i gotta question yours. you're here constantly praising Ja Rule as if he were some kind of god and now defending 50 and G-Unit. you're also in another thread bickering about Eminem beefs. talk about childish.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard both of 50's albums, "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" actually has some good songs in it, while "The Massacre" is garbage except for maybe a couple songs, I'll take LL's worst albums over those 2 albums anyday, these days a lot of people download so not many artists in general sell that much anymore, LL would go triple platinum 10 years ago 'cause it was before the downloading era came along, going platinum these days is like going triple platinum then, it's actually great that people could download now in my view 'cause if you don't like a certain album you won't have to waste $20 on it and actually buy something you like, I'll probably be giving LL's next album a download if G-Unit's all over it rather than running out to get it

Edited by bigted

@ WesSyde:

How come? I say I like Ja Rule. I dont care if you hate him, as long as you actualy listened to him before you say it. And I hate most of 50 stuff (I llways liked most of the beats tho), but at least I checked it out so I can see if I like it or not. Dont you guys get what the **** I`m saying? I AINT DEFENDING ****. I JUST SAID THAT YOU ACTUALY HAVE TO LISTEN TO SOMETHING TO JUDGE ABOUT IT.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah and I've listened to something. Something doesnt mean everything. Im not gonna listen to 100 bad tracks to find one decent and then praise him and say, "wow... this could be something. I mean, he actually did one decent song, once".

yeah i get your point turntable, and i think most people here have listened to 50 cent and make judgements about him. they're using they're past listening experiences to predict what this future one might be like. nothing wrong with that, its just anticipation. i think most people here who are LL fans will give it a listen anyways, so i dont see what the big deal is about predicting what the album might be like based on past experience.

I agree with what Turntable says that if you're gonna criticise somebody so much then I think you should download some of their albums and see if they're as wack as you say they are, you shouldn't just judge somebody off their singles 'cause after all that's what we say about people that diss Will off his singles right?That's being kinda hypocritical, I always try to listen something before I criticise it or I don't say nothing about it, it's not really fair to call LL a sellout for doing an album with 50 Cent either before it comes out, now if LL tries to sound like a studio gangsta then we say that, he's been in the music buisiness 21 years so I'm sure he'll make sure that 50 Cent won't change his image so much that it'll let down all of his fans, if it don't work out then it'll fall through and LL might work with somebody else before releasing his next album which of course I wouldn't mind, the experience of working with LL might actually help 50 discover himself as an artist as well, right now I look at it as a questionable move but sometimes there are great collabs from artists that we least expect it from, as a big LL fan I hope for the best 'cause I don't want to see him disappear from the rap game and lose all credability, being in the game so long he needs to keep the ball on his court...

Edited by bigted

I gotta agree with Turntable. Until we listen to what LL has done, we can't judge whether it's good or bad. Now I don't care if people here end up liking it or hating it, but I also think it's ignorant to say "I'm not gonna listen to this since 50 is involved." Ok, so 50 does have a bad rep around here. But he's working with LL, something that's never happened. So things could end up different. Some people are saying LL is a sell out now, but c'mon, he's been in the rap game for 20 years and is one of the top selling rap artists of all time. So that proves he does have a mind of his own and he is aware of his decision. If he wants to work with 50, let him work with 50. This is our LL, we can't just assume he's gonna totally bomb his album. So I think we should all just calm down and not judge the songs/album until it's released. However, we can continue to share what we think will turn out of it.

Fight the Power Turntable!!!

What's the worst thing, if LL's "Back To Cool" album marks another "comeback" and sells multi-plat. And 50 Cent is only featured on one song if anything? LL's obviously not going to feel like he did in '85. There shouldn't be an excuse of "well, it's 2006-7 now". Those who listen to this new LL album just might have that feelin' that once existed during his top notch releases. Sometimes, I wonder about the whole Def Jam ordeal. LL only stayed signed because they owed him. LL remained at the very least, an ok artist who was still going. Jay-Z is the "president" of Def Jam, but I'm not quite sure if he understands what that entails. Def Jam is a legacy in it of itself. Even if Def Jam puts out and still gets ignored, it's probably not the worst, if the quality of material and artists is good. The south is runnin' game right now in Hip Hop. So who knows what this is gonna do.

As far as claiming something wack without listening to it, people are entitled to their opinion. For example, I would never listen to a Paul Wall album. Sure I've heard some of his material, but no longer than a minute in my ear. I just don't like him, his image, style, rap, whatever. Who have I never listened to and feel I can claim them wack? In all honesty, that's very hard to do, so in short, I just never heard of them, and am thinking NOTHING of them. My taste goes wide on artists. Maybe I like them for one song, one album, one point in their career, or everything they've done.

I really don't see what good LL can gain from this, based on what everybody here has said. If he sells alot, and it really is a good cd, it's a bad look and shock becuz 50 Cent's name is imprinted. If it's ignored due to that imprint, it's no good. If people aren't interest in LL anymore. If 50 manipulates LL to the lowest point in his career. I mean who's to say that if 50 does this purposely just to take LL out the game. Or even is an accident, 50 won't care. One less rapper he's gotta worry about. Whatever happens, this just isn't gonna look good, because 50's not looking to mature and prove people wrong that there is more to him than meets the eye. LL has just struck down. I'm sorry to say it, but that's the way it looks.

That's being kinda hypocritical, I always try to listen something before I criticise it or I don't say nothing about it, it's not really fair to call LL a sellout for doing an album with 50 Cent either before it comes out

yeah... i could put up some of your quotes from the first page of this topic where you were criticizing LL but i'll spare you the embarassment. i guess you changed your mind?

Well that's my reaction when I heard about it, I'm stunned and quite confused about how it'll turn out, I couldn't control my thoughts there I admit, but hey I ain't no Loretta, if it turns out wack I'm gonna say it's wack, I sure hope he knows what he's doing...

That's being kinda hypocritical, I always try to listen something before I criticise it or I don't say nothing about it, it's not really fair to call LL a sellout for doing an album with 50 Cent either before it comes out

yeah... i could put up some of your quotes from the first page of this topic where you were criticizing LL but i'll spare you the embarassment. i guess you changed your mind?

Why ask? Ted is the kinda guy to edit all of his strong mind, opinionated posts. But on the real, this is really a mind-boggling topic if you really think about it.

I remember when I was hyped up when The Game came out, and Tim poked fun at me, and Ted thought I had "good taste" in music and was gonna peep him. Game has lost some of his luster with me. I really don't think he's gonna be the kinda artist who can hold down a career. He was just the Big Dog when he came out. He'll go wherever he can get money. Music, movies, playin in the ABA (i guess he's still doin that), sellin his own shoes, etc. Resurrecting the West? I really don't know about that anymore. His debut album seemed kinda effortless compared to his mixtape efforts, freestyles, and such.

I came a little sideways when I replyed to this. My main opinion though of this whole matter is I'm surprised. There are absolutely no need for LL to work with 50. Check the creditials - LL runs the rap game in Queens. He is the one who was there from the start. I think LL just wants more sales. I really hate to say it but thats the only logical reason. 50 is hot right now - unforturnatly and LL isn't as big right now.

It's not just LL selling well today, many other cats as well. Actually rap aint selling right now. Everyone downloads albums illegally and burns them. A rapper is lucky to be certified Gold now a days. About the music on the album, I just have a strong feeling there will be at least one track with 50/Gay Unit on there. Just to be working on projects with 50 is horrible. LL - a rap pioneer, one of the best of all-time should not be working with young dawgs of today.

Will I listen to this album? Of couse I will. I will definatly give it a listen and just cause it's LL I know I'm going to like a few tracks on it. Just wait and give it a listen is what I say but we all agree on the fact working with 50/Gay Unit is wrong and we shouldn't be seeing this happen.

Now as more I think about it the way I see it is that Def Jam wants to get rid of LL for their younger r&b acts since his next album'll be his last album on there, they want him to rush out another album and they probably proposed for him to work with current artists to end the contract, it's a buisiness, labels don't care about artists, look how they shelve Redman, Method Man, dump DMX, the label's lost most credability over recent years, they just want money, the best thing for LL to do is to just release an album of unreleased songs and get out of Def Jam and start his own label since he's a big enough name in the rap industry and release his own albums whenever he wants, take control of his career, he should be more hands on, just like I think Will should just release all of his stuff through Overbrook and release the proper singles and promote the albums himself, I mean we complain about labels screwing him up all these years but come on now he's a multimillionaire, he needs to put that money to work if he really wants the props he deserves as a rap artist...

Now I think LL could work with whoever he wants to though, you can't say that he shouldn't work with any young artists, it's like 50 Cent could be last on the list of the artist that I want him to work with but it's his career not mine, to each his own, hopefully when he hears my album come out he'll want to work with me, it's like I'm tired of being an armchair rapper, I need to get in this game myself, lol... The thing is now that there aren't many fans that stick with any artist, that's why it's hard to tell what fans want, some fan wants this, some fan wants that, everybody likes different things, only a small percentage of fans like us will stick with any artist,(with us all being JJFP Potnas through thick and thin), for example fans might be turned off that Nas signed to Def Jam working with Jay-Z and some might be excited about it, that's why it could become a dillema for an artist to decide what direction they want to go with their music 'cause views constantly change, the music marketplace is a fickle place to have a constant fanbase... btw going through LL's autobiography I found an interesting quote that probably applies to 50 and a lot of the young rappers coming in selling a lot of albums now that don't realise the type of impact that they make, he probably wants to work with 50 to show him a better way as an artist:

"I can't condemn those rappers and entertainers who aren't always positive. You can't expect someone to become a positive role for all of mainstream America overnight. It takes time to realize the power your music has over people. It took me more than 10 years. For a lot of artists, they never get that time. By the time they figure it out, they're finished. Somebody who is on their first of second album-they don't know how powerful they are. They don't know how influential they are when it comes to children, so they say what they feel. But four, five, nine years down the road, after they've had a few albums and can see what statements they've made and how they've affected people-then it's time for them to live up to their responsibility and be a role model to a wider audience. You can't expect a kid who is fresh out of the projects and going triple platinum to understand the complete spectrum of his influence as an artist. When did he get that opportunity to grow and learn about what that means?"

Edited by bigted