JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith and Johnny Depp!

Radewart

• Admin

UPDATE: JoBlo has learned that Depp will actually be playing a fellow survivor that Smith's character finds named Philip. The site says that Cortman has been taken out of the story completely. Akiva Goldsman's rewrite apparently has the monsters unable to speak and they are more primal and unintelligent.

from comingsoon.net

If that's true..then I'm pissed(along with thousands of other fans of the book)...Will, I supported you and defended your casting, so if you visit this site at all: Don't change or let them change the book. "Cortman" is a big part of the book! He can't be removed! Another survivor! The books called "I Am Legend" not "We are Legend". It was okay to change "I, Robot", you can't make a understandable narrative movie out of that book, but stay faithful to this one. Or don't make it at all!

(I don't like sounding like a whiny fanboy or crazed fan, but I had to get it off my chest).

Considering how many times a movie based on this book has been done.. I think they need to make changes

UPDATE: JoBlo has learned that Depp will actually be playing a fellow survivor that Smith's character finds named Philip. The site says that Cortman has been taken out of the story completely. Akiva Goldsman's rewrite apparently has the monsters unable to speak and they are more primal and unintelligent.

from comingsoon.net

If that's true..then I'm pissed(along with thousands of other fans of the book)...Will, I supported you and defended your casting, so if you visit this site at all: Don't change or let them change the book. "Cortman" is a big part of the book! He can't be removed! Another survivor! The books called "I Am Legend" not "We are Legend". It was okay to change "I, Robot", you can't make a understandable narrative movie out of that book, but stay faithful to this one. Or don't make it at all!

(I don't like sounding like a whiny fanboy or crazed fan, but I had to get it off my chest).

Considering how many times a movie based on this book has been done.. I think they need to make changes

Vincent Prices version was pretty faithful, but is very out dated. "The Omega Man" with Heaston strayed from the source(the ending is really different) and is a lousy movie.

Well, Will Smith AND Johnny Depp in one movie. That's perfect :2thumbs:

It will be a classic only because these actors are in the same movie.

But let's don't forget: IF IT'S 100% TRUE!!!! I won't really believe that until Johnny is on the same set as Will.

To the changing of the book: Well, that's always a problem. Whitch parts must be in the movie and which parts not. Sometimes they do it right and sometimes not. Because I don't know the book and I don't want to read it before I watch the movie after it's release, I really don't care what's missing. So I can't be disappointed, if the movie works. But I can feel with all of you, that know the book. It feels kinda strange if a major part is missing or an important character, right? But I'm sure it will be a good movie.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I hope this is true..

I won't believe it either till I see them working together!!!

i'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but i just been to www.imdb.com and saw that Johnny Depp's name has been removed from the cast member list of I am Legend project.... he used to be there but he's not anymore.... so i guess everything was a rumour........ in fact, when his name was on the list it had "rumoured" beside it...

i'm very sad right now