JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Aticles about Will

Viktor

Hi guys (and ladies) , I was searching for Will Smith on the MTV nordic homepage and I'm just gonnna post a couple of articles I found..

XZibit blast Will Smith
14/07-2004

Hip-hop star Xzibit has blasted Will Smith for supporting the plight of internet music pirates - because his lucrative Hollywood career means he´ll never have to worry about money made from his songs. The rapper is disgusted Smith attacked musicians for allowing the increase in piracy to infuriate them, because the ´Men in Black´ hit maker no longer depends on earnings from his music - unlike most established and aspiring stars.Xzibit rants, "Will Smith gets 20 f***ing million dollars out of a f***ing movie. He doesn´t care about how much money he makes with his records. It´s the little guy, the up and coming, who suffer."

Will Smith Helps Bruce Willis
30/07-2002

Will Smith has said he spoke to both Bruce Willis and Nicole Kidman when their marriages failed, so he and Jada Pinkett could avoid the same pitfalls. Will said he spoke to Nicole for two hours in which she told him exactly what to look out for. But even though Will´s making all the right moves to make sure he and Jada stay together, he still appreciates beauty in other quarters - he´s admitted to fancying Halle Berry, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, and Melanie B.

Will Smith Wants Alicia Keys
10/01-2002

After exclusively revealing to MTV his wish to star opposite Alicia Keys in the film ´A Star is Born´, rapper Ja Rule might be slightly annoyed to hear that Will Smith has bagged the part for himself!

And not only has the "Ali" star secured the role in the remake of the classic musical, but it seems that studio bosses are keen to go along with the idea of using r ´n´ b diva, Alicia, to co-star alongside him.

But Smith now faces a problem of his own - as actress wife Jada Pinkett has set her sights on playing the film´s leading lady. We wait in anticipation...

LL Cool J & Will Smith Speak Up At New York Hip Hop Summit
14/06-2001

Some of America´s biggest stars gathered in New York yesterday for the second day of Russell Simmons hip hop summit.

The main focus of yesterday´s summit was a three hour speech made by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

LL Cool J said after the speech that he embraced Farrakhan´s message."It doesn´t matter how good you´re supposed to be at what you do.

If you can´t inspire people to be positive and be leaders and dream, you´re not utilizing the power that you have for the best." Will Smith said, "All people all around the world know about blacks in America is rap music, my only question I have is, is it an accurate depiction of who we are? A lot of rappers have no idea how important their voice is, how important that message is and how important that picture is."

Thans for that!!! Xzibit shouldn't hate on Will like that! You can tell why he is in the game. Only to make money. He don't really care about making music just making money! I think Will is the opposite! He cares about making good music 1st rather than making money!

yeah that xibit article just made me laugh, i agree with da brakes he is just in it for the money. Im sure he has got a small point about Will gets lots and doesnt have to worry but im sure xibit has a mansion and fancy cars for doing a job he loves.

thanx 4 the articles!!

• Members
xzibit's also in a new deoderant commercial, has his own hit tv-show on MTV called "pimip my ride" and is co-starring with Ice Cube in XXX2 (a movie). All of those have nothing to do with music. The reason why he has poor record sales is people don't care about him anymore. He hasn't had a hit record since like, 2000. He's jealous, but I don't think he has a personal problem with Will. He just feels piracy is wrong and that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Xzibit is just jealous.

His lyrics mean nothing,
they just say how bad he is and how much money he makes.. bla bla bla

And after all he had some roles in some movies too.

But Will makes Music for love to the music and love for the REAL fans, not soem wanna be fans.

And after all Will said:

"...movies is just a chick on the side,
i'm in love with the flow..."

[quote=Da Brakes,Aug 2 2004, 04:51 PM]Didn't I see Xzibit in 8 Mile?? Mmmmmmmmmmmm Do I smell a hypocrite? :blah: :dink:[/quote]
Yeah, but Xzibit didn't get paid 20 million 2 do it. I think they both have their points, Xzibit just dosen't know how 2 convey an idea without sounding ignorant. I myself don't like the whole internet music pirates who are just giving out music that people should be paying 4. What part of that dosen't sound like stealing. FP is right in seeing it as a way of getting exposure and promotion, but i think Xzibit is right in stressing that some people who just wanna do music are severly hurt by people who are trading and giving away music online. Don't side with FP just cuz he's are boy....i know i'm not the only person who can see the obvious.

• Members
Xzibit is wrong tough. It's the up and comming artist that actually profits from the Internet, to get their music out there. And artist just make like [b]30 cents!!! [/b]from every album anyway, the rest goes to the record label most of the time. The reall money is made by doing shows and sponcorship and such. And for that you need fans, and the internet can do that. And the thing about the money from movies, I don't think that is his reason. KRS-ONE also suports the internet to destribute music and he sells like 50,000 coppies per album. So he would need the money you would figure. And maybe we would feel a lil more sorry for "X" if he stopped shooting videos with big expenzive cars and jewlery.

(And you know I'm not siding with Will becouse I like his music :P this is actually one of the fw times we apear to agree.) Edited by Daedalus Mortality

There's a difference between music being distributed thru' the internet and music being pirated. If music is just being pirated...it's just wrong. Think about it, one of us puts "Switch" up on this board, then all 200-some people registered at the board, most of them not being posters or even real fans just take the song and never intend on getting the album. The internet is much bigger than this message board so the song could be accessed by millions of people which otherwise could result in millions of sales. Think about how many places Born To Reign popped up on the internet 2 be downloaded. I know there are good sides 2 getting music out there, but they seem 2 be highly outweighed by the negative aspects of it.

• Members
[quote]so the song could be accessed by millions of people which otherwise could result in millions of sales.[/quote]

No, thats just not true.
People don't download [b]instead[/b] of buying!

But it IS true that if record labels don't want their music to be downloaded you shouldn't. Becouse they get to deside on that becouse it is their record labels music.
BUT all I am saying is (I don't know what Will said.) that it is not a bad thing. Edited by Daedalus Mortality

I download music quite often, I have to being a DJ. I would never download a song tho that i would not inted to buy anyway. Yes i download other tracks but i would never really buy their stuff anyway. As a DJ im putting out the artist (on a small level of course), but all publicity is good.

what i like about downloading music is that the record companies dont get anythin. After all they do get all the money and dont give a damn about the fans. When columbia messed up promo on b2r i was so angry with them and wished i hadnt contributed to there big pay cheque. Im not sayin i would ever donwload a Will album coz thats 1 thing i will never do, but if downloading hurts the record companies i dont mind. but i do mind when artists arnt gettin what they deserve for thier album.

But it does make me wonder what will happen when more and more ppl start downloading, and what will happen to the music business if there is no money to be made.

and some1 said b4 about switch being put on here, i dont think any1 should actually post switch here, if we wanna help promote Will then its best we dont make the song easily available for ppl to get for free.