JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Supporting our Family

3cookies

Im not sure how many ppl have Kel on their myspace, but he has his "Wilderness" video up and asking for support in getting exposure. We all know that word of mouth can do wonders. If you guys are down for adding his video on your page, send him a private message, and im positive he will be pleased that you would help. If you need the code let me know, and Ill get it for u... cuz he got it to me afew days ago...

Here is the bulletin that I posted, not exactly what he posted, but what I felt like posting for my myspace friends, and maybe elsewhere on the net, when i have the tyme to spread the word b4 he drops his next couple of projects. At least ppl will have some idea.... of, "oh, i heard that dude's name b4"...

peace n love,

cookie

To all of my myspace friends!!! Check this out NOW!!!

There's an artist name Kel Spencer who is one of my Myspace Buddies, and a very inspirational person that I've come to know. He is very talented, and quite modest in his accomplishments, as he has done work for, and written songs for famous stars to include but NOT limited to, Will Smith....for starters...

I am really proud and honoured to help this talented and undiscovered brotha get well deserved recognition not only on myspace, but by word of mouth and in the street. I wanted to start by asking my myspace friends to check out his "The Wilderness" video that I have posted on my page and leave me a comment letting me know what u think,... and add him as a friend, to show your support...

Kel's got a unique talent and gift to share with music lovers of true hiphop,. It tells his story as an artist and the pits and downfalls of up and coming artists encounter and can relate to. He represents that persistence and confidence that it takes to make it. I believe in his craft, and have no doubt that with his high energy and determination, he is going to become an asset to the music industry, but he needs and deserves that exposure to push him in the right direction...

I would like to ask for your help in getting him exposure , and post his video on your page. If you need the link, just send me a private message, and I will get it for you.

Until next tyme, love & peace to all of my myspace friends who make this a journey and experience worth while...

peace,

cookie

:word:

Ive spoken to kel on myspace and he always replys to pms. He often changes his songs on there and puts up loads of new tracks hes made, so its definatly worth adding him for a listen. He has even sent a bullatin asking for ideas for a section of his new mixtape, so if u havnt got myspace your missing out!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...45-690f2e438019

heres the link for his page btw, u can listen to tracks and watch the video there.

Ok guys, I've added the video to myspace so that it can get viewed by all the people that use the video search/directory feature!

If you want to add it to your page (and why wouldn't you!!) then just simply add this code to any section on your page (depending on where you want it to appear!)

<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf?u=YUhSMGNEb3ZMMk52Ym5SbGJuUXViVzkyYVdWekxtMTVjM0JoWTJVdVkyOXRMekF3TURnM016WXZNRFF2T0Rndk9EY3pOalk0T0RRd0xtWnNkZz09&d=238" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br>Get this video and more at <a href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=873668840&n=2">MySpace.com</a>

Yea Trey thats what we wanna do is help him to promote it by putting it everywhere we can online. In your myspace, and all sorts of hiphop sites across the net, and post a link in this thread so he can see how the promotion is going, and also for him to chek out what ppl are saying... He was on this site last nyte and was spose to drop a comment to the fans, but something musta came up... like a plate of food or something. LOL... jokin

peace,

cookie

ps.. dont worry, he knows bout this thread, and when time permits hes gonna stop in...

Dude doesn't reply to my messages much. I asked him for the code and didn't get it. Brakes, I tried that one but it doesn't load like the one on his page. Is there a youtube code?

God Blessa!

Ok try this! Go to the videos tab at the top of the myspace page -->type 'Kel Spencer' into the search field --> then it should be the only video on the page. The code to use it on your page should be there on the right.

The myspace video is better to use than the youtube one as the youtube version displays extra text on your page which you don't want!

Hope that helps ya!

Thanks Brakes.

I rewatched the old video again, then looked at the new version. The new cut is edited better, it's missing a lot of Will though. It's a Kel Spence video though.

Kel, if you're reading this... I think you owe me lunch... SOMETHING dude. I helped get you a nice chunk of sales. I made the thread you linked to for months... Ahh, that sounds real bitter. I ain't bitter at all, you just owe me lunch, that's all.

God Blessa!

I wish that all those millions of kids who've been listening to G-Unit and Eminem could check out Kel's mixtape and get schooled on some real mc'ing, it's kinda sad that Kel didn't blow up years ago while those wack rappers did, btw I'd love to help out on myspace.com but I don't have an account there, it's a great idea to promote on myspace.com, MC Hammer mentioned in his blog last week that 100,000 people downloaded his new tracks, I could post the video on some hip-hop sites though that I'm registered too

Edited by bigted

yeah i put a message on willsmith.com to help guide those kids into decent music. i got 1 reply and that was from cam da man aka big mac. I even used Will as a way of getting them to look telling them Kel writes with him, but even that didnt work.

not all is lost tho, im sure kel doesnt need fans from ws.com.

• 1 month later...