JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will & Kanye

Hero1

• Admin
What music are you listening to at the moment?
I am listening to a bit of everything. I was in the studio with Kanye West last night, just kind of getting the vibe again. I always record. I have 30 or 40 records laying around all the time.

What CD have you in your car right now?
It's iPods now, so I have everything on there. The last whole album was Kanye West's album, College Dropout. And Jesus Walks, his latest track. I just listened to that six times last night. It was brilliant.

What's brilliant about it?
You don't have a lot of rap records talking about Jesus. And he was able to keep it grungy, but also to be able to talk about a topic that won't usually get any air play.

[url="http://www.handbag.com/gossip/celebrityinterviews/willsmith2/"]http://www.handbag.com/gossip/celebrityint...ews/willsmith2/[/url]

[quote=Hero1,Aug 2 2004, 04:15 AM]I was in the studio with Kanye West last night, just kind of getting the vibe again. I always record. I have 30 or 40 records laying around all the time.[/quote]
Thats amazing!! Will and Kanye!!! Now that would be a song worth hearing!!! And it would be huge as well!! What song has Kanye done recently that hasn't been a hit!!

Out of all the songs, this would be the song i would want to hear most!!!

I still prefer a JJ+FP track over any other track. But i ain't mad at a Kanye West track. If it's on the level of Talib Kweli's "Get By," Dialated People's "This Way," or Janet's "My Baby," i expect 2 hear good things. However, i have heard a few things he's produced that were very average.

I love Will talking about other music he listens 2. Let's u know what he's thinking. I think Will is alot lot some of us where Hip-Hop is your 1st love...but that theres never alot of new Hip-Hop 2 get your hands on AND not any new Hip-Hop u even get exposed 2 cuz it dosen't get any promotion.

Kanye himself says it in the song:

[b]"So here go my single dawg radio needs this
They say you can rap-about-anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played, Huh?"[/b] Edited by Da Brakes

I think that just b-cuz of that line, it helped him get more airplay. I love the idea that one of the hottest people out there now has a concious. Most of these other fools don't care about life and what their fans are listening 2.

U know when I 1st read that, I thought that was Hero1 talkin. But then I was like oh, he pasted from an interview. Next time, use quotes so I'm not confused. It'z all good.

Kanye is cool. Sometimes a lil bit of an ego. I just hope that this "Jesus Walks" isn't just a way 2 come up. A lot like Jadakiss's 'Why". That song is so fake. Honestly, I'd believe Kanye b4 I'd believe Jadakiss.

Guest Prince
[quote=mfuqua23,Aug 2 2004, 09:21 PM]U know when I 1st read that, I thought that was Hero1 talkin. But then I was like oh, he pasted from an interview.[/quote]
Haha, same happened to me man! I was reading, then I was thinking, "what?" and had to take a quick reality check! :thumb:

Thanks Tim for posting!

• Members
[quote=mfuqua23,Aug 2 2004, 02:21 PM]U know when I 1st read that, I thought that was Hero1 talkin. But then I was like oh, he pasted from an interview. Next time, use quotes so I'm not confused. It'z all good.

Kanye is cool. Sometimes a lil bit of an ego. I just hope that this "Jesus Walks" isn't just a way 2 come up. A lot like Jadakiss's 'Why". That song is so fake. Honestly, I'd believe Kanye b4 I'd believe Jadakiss.[/quote]
i like Jadakiss a lot. I don't think "Why" is fake. Maybe who knows. Will also said on 106 and Park that the new Jadakiss album is really good.

I think "Jesus Walks" is a great song...i just don't like the produciton that much. It's good, just not what i like. It's a powerful song tho' and it's definitly a change from what usually gets played on the radio.

I don't think Jadakiss' "Why" is fake...but i think it's forced. I admire him 4 tackling topics in a song that actually matter (unlike much of his music)...but 2 me he comes off as trying 2 make a powerful song....trying 2 make the song deep when it should come natural. Not a bad song, it's just that after u hear so many raps from him that don't mean anything, it's hard 2 adjust 2 a song that says something.

[quote=DevilsJim89,Aug 3 2004, 06:15 AM]Will definalty has to release all his collaborations...a track with an old-skool rapper and a new chart topper, meaningful rapper can definatly show the rap world whats up. Put some JJ behind them and BAM! Mainstream radio takes a turn for the good for the first time in what? 12 years? lol.[/quote]
Thats good, but whats the liklihood of that [b]actually[/b] happening tho?? :dunno: